Dang nice OK Buck

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I know it's not longrange hunting, but...

Matt (Distantfoe) shot this buck last weekend on opening day of archery season. Maybe he can chime in on the story but I figured you guys might want to see the pic anyway.

Mattsdeer004.jpg

Hey BJ, thanks for posting. These kind of deer sure are special, they don't come around very often for me.

As for the story, this is the first time that a plan actually worked out for me while patterning a bachelor group of bucks. I had watched this and two other great bucks for over a week. The only thing that changed in their routine was on opening day the largest buck wasn't the first one to come through. Since this buck seemed to act like he knew something was up, I took him. This deer was the second largest of the group with the larger buck sporting what I think to be a 160-165" ten point frame with a brow tine reaching 15-16". He's the next one on my list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very nice.
Who says it cannot be long range... ?? dont compare a bow with an allen mag¡¡

The eye gaurds are right at 8 inches. This seems to be part of the genetics in this area, I've seen several bucks taken locally with outstanding brow tines.

Nice buck distantfoe!
I bowhunt also but I have yet to lay eyes on a worthy buck yet this year. The temps have been in the 80's and a few days ago 93! I just can't seem to get too motivated when it is that hot. I think I can say with 100% certainty that there is not a buck with that much bone roaming the farm that I hunt. He is a beauty!

Bill,

Nice buck man! A little fiendly counter from the south... Since the OU vs Tx game is tomorrow, here are some (Dang nice TX Buck pic's): One deer Taken last year &amp; the other 11pointers are still running around. Who know what they will be/score this year? Let'em go so they can grow... 14pt Mounted Buck Scored 163 3/8" 6 1/2yrs old.. 6x5 with 3 kickers..

http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...true#Post120564

Go Horns! May the best team win....

He's a shooter for sure! Congratulations. So far this season, I have passed on 5 shots, all 6 pt's. Yesterday I had 4 6 pt's under me at the same time 18 yds away. There are a few P&amp;Y class bucks here so I will hold out for a nice buck. 3-4 weeks away from prime time.

JD338

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.