Nice Munty Buck.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by robbobsam, Feb 22, 2012.

1. robbobsam

robbobsam Well-Known Member

Was out yesterday on the farm again and just as the light was dropping I spotted this munty at 150yds trotting along a hedgerow from left to right directly in front of me. I took position on the bipod watching through the duralyt for the right moment to take the shot. He pushed his way through the hedgerow and then proceded along another hedge perpendicular to the first so as to give me no shot other than his rump. I was about to give up for the day as he approached the 250yd mark on my rangefinder when he decided to stop in his tracks turn right and come across in front of me again, this time from left to right. By now he was about 225yds away, walking very slowly, sniffing the ground as he went. I got him in my crosshairs and allowed 3-4" for the strong 10-15mph 3 oclock wind and squeezed the trigger gently on the Tikka watching through the Duralyt as the 50grain Sierra Varminter gave the buck the good news.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have never really been into trophy hunting but this looks a good specimen to me, would you guys say its good enough to cape mount ???

2. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

Is that thing from Tranzallvania:D

3. robbobsam

robbobsam Well-Known Member

No, Leicestershire, England.:):):)

4. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

I've never even heard of a Munty buck. I'd shoulder mount that critter in a heartbeat.

5. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

Haha...might as well go ahead and full body mount it. Would probably cost way less than an elk shoulder mount.

6. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

I could not tell if it's good enough to mount-never heard of one much less seen one. Thanks for the picture, and opportunity to learn something new today.

7. retiredcpo

retiredcpo Well-Known Member

Nice, I would love to shoot one of those
    retiredcpo

8. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

My dads gun club has two of those mounted in it. They are cool looking critters when you look close at them. Nice shooting!

9. jcoop

jcoop Well-Known Member

Deer with K9s? Pretty cool!!

10. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Ok, I thought it said mutiny buck. Was thinking this might be a good story. Even though I was wrong about the title it's still a good story. Pretty cool, full body mount.

11. JARHEAD1371

JARHEAD1371 Well-Known Member

That would make an awesome european mount as well. I really like the fangs :)

12. ammohouse

ammohouse Well-Known Member

I saw a bunch of fanged deer when I was in Korea...very cool looking.
    You should mount it for sure!