CZ 513 basic

britz

Just bought a 22 LR in a CZ 513 (I believe it is a variant of a 452/453 series since that was the owners manual that came with it). The trigger leaves much to be desired and I was wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket trigger that would fit on this rifle. Thanks.

Your 513 is built on the same action as the 452, so I assume the trigger is the same as well, but you should verify this. On my CZ 452 American, I used the Brooks trigger mod to turn that crappy trigger into a crisp lite work of art. It makes a huge difference and has selectable trigger pull weights to meet your personal needs. It takes about 15 minutes to install and is really easy to do. Here's a link to his website:
Eric Brooks Website

You may want to drop Eric an email and ask if it will fit your 513 before you order.
On a side note, I found that my 452 really loves Wolf MT or ME ammo. You may want to start there with your testing.

I also have a CZ 452 American, left handed I might add. I love the feel of it and the walnut has lots of figure, but my trigger is crappy as well with lots of creep. I may have to check out that kit. Mine shoots Wolf target and Eley Standard into about 1/2" at 50 yds with the crappy trigger. I know it will do better with a lighter crisp trigger. Thanks for the heads up!

Thought I'd update anyone interested. Took your advice and asked around rimfire cental and found out the the 513 basic is stuck with it's origional trigger. However, I was able to take some 400 grit sandpaper and polish the sear, as whell as stretch the spring and the trigger is much better (it's still no jewel!!).

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.