Cz 457 mtr

PowellSixO

Decided to grab a cz 457 mtr so I can keep shooting, and save some money. I put an atlas bipod rail, and bipod on it so far. The yodave trigger spring will be in next week. My 419 30 moa picatinny rail will be in today, so I can mount the scope. Going to run a Burris xtr ii 5-25 mil scope on it until I can save for something with a 25 yard parallax. It's going to be sitting in seekins low rings. I also have a bigger bolt knob coming with the picatinny rail. Gonna be a fun little project. Plan on shooting it out to 300-350 yards.
4685280F-24DC-45BC-850D-27E8EC636074.jpeg
82C93DA9-80DA-4474-8105-62A618D47DE6.jpeg
73D9DDE1-0ED9-41C3-899F-E6ACE6F3FDAE.jpeg

I just got a CZ 457 varmint precision trainer and is is awesome. With field grade Federal 22 LR ammo easily shot 5/8 inch group in 25 MPH crosswinds. I have some Lapua gold metal match ammo but waiting for a calm day before trying that. I have the 16 1/2 inch barrel as I am shooting mine with a suppressor. Enjoy the relatively low cost fun.

I have one I picked up last fall with the same plans as you have. Time hasn't allowed me to shoot it much at all.

I put an Area 419 rail and knobs on it along with a 5-25 PST Gen II.

Planning on a trigger kit, bedding and adding a barrel tuner to it.

I have about 900 rounds of SK long range plus an assortment of other quality sub sonics to play with.

In just a little shooting at the range I'm getting 10 shot groups of 4-5 inches at 200 yards with the inexpensive federal match ammo.
Screenshot_20210105-135103_Gallery.jpg

I have one I picked up last fall with the same plans as you have. Time hasn't allowed me to shoot it much at all.

I put an Area 419 rail and knobs on it along with a 5-25 PST Gen II.

Planning on a trigger kit, bedding and adding a barrel tuner to it.

I have about 900 rounds of SK long range plus an assortment of other quality sub sonics to play with.

In just a little shooting at the range I'm getting 10 shot groups of 4-5 inches at 200 yards with the inexpensive federal match ammo.View attachment 266508
Awesome setup!! I've got a ton of ammo to try. I'm looking forward to testing to see what works best. I have cci stinger, cci mini mag, cci standard, cci subsonic, federal target, aguilla match, sk standard plus, lapua pistol king, lapua center x, and some other random stuff. If my 419 rail ever shows up, I'll be shooting this weekend. Ups hates me though. 😔

They're a lot or fun. I have a savage bolt in a target stock with a suppressor that got the bug started.

Btw-your going to see the best performance from the sub sonic ammo. The high velocity stuff goes sub sonic pretty quickly opening your groups. It's a real blast to see the bullet flight path and huge ark even at 100 yards. Then you can almost have a sip of coffee while if lumbers down to the 300 yard target.

I look up the bc from the manufacturer. They mostly range from .14 - .17ish.

Run it through a chrono or use published data to get you close.

It's a lot of clicks to 300 yards and I know of some running to 5 and 600 yards.

A gopher fart will blow you left or right at long range. Ballistics are between that of a football and a baseball.

I look up the bc from the manufacturer. They mostly range from .14 - .17ish.

Run it through a chrono or use published data to get you close.

It's a lot of clicks to 300 yards and I know of some running to 5 and 600 yards.

A gopher fart will blow you left or right at long range. Ballistics are between that of a football and a baseball.
Thanks for the info. This has to be alot of fun. Without some kind of ballistic chart it would be difficult to get hits at these ranges.

Decided to grab a cz 457 mtr so I can keep shooting, and save some money. I put an atlas bipod rail, and bipod on it so far. The yodave trigger spring will be in next week. My 419 30 moa picatinny rail will be in today, so I can mount the scope. Going to run a Burris xtr ii 5-25 mil scope on it until I can save for something with a 25 yard parallax. It's going to be sitting in seekins low rings. I also have a bigger bolt knob coming with the picatinny rail. Gonna be a fun little project. Plan on shooting it out to 300-350 yards.
View attachment 266497View attachment 266496View attachment 266495
Own a 453 Varmint with the heavy barrel and the older trigger system with the set trigger on it. Is, and always will be a tack driver.

View attachment 266497View attachment 266496View attachment 266495My hunting buddy and I took our CZ 453 V,s to the CMP Range in Talladega Ala. And shot the 200 yard target, the X ring is 2 inches. We were calling it the Bobby Lee Swagertt shoot. But sense we didn't have a boat to shoot from, it was bench. The wind was bad and gusting. We had to lean into it with gesstamation. Not a word but its what we had to do. Looser bought lunch. We both Shot 98 out of 100 but I lost with 7 X,s to his 9 x,s. Lunch was at Bid Daddy's BBQ in beautiful downtown Munford Ala

I'm setting up my CZ455 to shoot out to 300yd, Where can I can data for drops at that range? What about bullet bc and can a ballistic app be used?
I use StrelokPro to get me close. It has a all of the popular types of 22 ammo preloaded in to it. I shot my savage mark ii out to 415 yards with sk long range and I put 4 shots in to 5".

I use StrelokPro to get me close. It has a all of the popular types of 22 ammo preloaded in to it. I shot my savage mark ii out to 415 yards with sk long range and I put 4 shots in to 5".
Hi guys, hope this helps, check out " Mark and Sam 4aw" on YouTube... they do a fair bit of 22lr stuff, & takes his cz452 out to 1000yds... cheers...