I ran the 225 grain eldm out of a ruger precision magnum chambered in 300 win at 2800 loaded with 7828ssc. They were probably a little on the hot side and that's an 18 pound rifle built like a tank. My load data is on the other side of the country so I can't give you the specs. Hope this helps. I should probably add that I never shot it over 400 yards but it was accurate I remember

Interested to hear the comments on this thread. Just one correction, at least Remington, Browing and Winchester made models chambered in 300 WBY. I own a Win Model 70 CRF in 300 WBY.
and sauer. i have a colt sauer in 300 wthby. maybe blaser as well.

what kind of velocity are people getting with the win mag is the 230 to heavy how does the 220 and 200gr work

Anybody use a 300 win mag with the 220/230gr cutting edge bullets. Should i look at using something with a little more capacity like the 300 wby or the 300 rum. Has the shorter neck length on the win mag caused any problems when reloading these long bullets. I origanally wanted the rum but it seems there are very little rifles chambered in the caliber plus ammo and componets are very scarce. The win mag however is chambered in nearly every rifle out there and componets are easy to find and cheap. The wby of course is only chambered in wby rifles but i do like there rifles. Componets for the wby are not to scarce for the most part but they are definitely not cheap. So which of the 3 calibers would you recomend, looking to use as a up to 1300yd rifle. I like the laser line of bullets as they expand down to 1200fps which gives a lot of extra range/cushion to work with. Or should i skip all three and step up to a 338 lapua for these longer shots.
just for fun, look at the 33 xc, if you really want the best, according to Tubbs.

Think i might go with a 338. The energy downrange is a lot higher, wind drift isnt nearly as much as a .30 cal and there are much higher bc bullets. The savage rifles are a great price and seem to be very accurate, how do they compare to the weatherby mark v rifles in 338 lapua or is there another rifle that would be reccomended. The sako trg is too expensive and there difficult to find, at least the ones iv looked at there 4k or more. Plus the trg is real heavy 12+lbs with no scope. Id like to stay around or below 10lbs with scope.

Think i might go with a 338. The energy downrange is a lot higher, wind drift isnt nearly as much as a .30 cal and there are much higher bc bullets. The savage rifles are a great price and seem to be very accurate, how do they compare to the weatherby mark v rifles in 338 lapua or is there another rifle that would be reccomended. The sako trg is too expensive and there difficult to find, at least the ones iv looked at there 4k or more. Plus the trg is real heavy 12+lbs with no scope. Id like to stay around or below 10lbs with scope.
I can't talk about other makes. I have the WBY MK V accumark in 338 LM and love it
Problem with WBY is you are limited
To aftermarket options. For example, no chassis I could find if you wanted one