Cutting Edge Bullets

Buzzsaw

Not for everyone, very expensive but intriguing. I ordered some 120gr MTH (Match tactical, Hunting) to try in my Barrett Fieldcraft 6.5 Creedmoor. This is strictly a hunting rifle, so no high volume shooting. Just looking for a good load and order a custom turret,

Any members here have any experience with them in their rifles?

Nothing on game yet. Maybe tomorrow out of a .243.

Loaded them in 270 win, 30-06, and 243. Seem to shoot well though. Easy to get to shoot.

The CE's shoot very well out of my 416 Rigby. I have tried 155's in my 280 AI and 28 nosler with mediocre results. Haven't shot any animals with them.

I shoot the 130 MTH out of my 260 AI. I get about .5 MOA at 200 yards. I've bought some of their new Maximus bullets for my 300 BLK AR and I'm excited to try them out. Message me in a few weeks if you want to know how they do.

Well, for me my experiment with Cutting Edge 120, 130 MTH in my Barrett 6.5 Creedmoor. I rant one test with my go to load 42.4 H-4350, Fail, Then tried other powders, FAIL. I seated the Seal Tight band just into the case mouth as seen in there suggestions. I will go back to the ELDX for now. The Elite Hunters were complete pass through with no expansion. Here are targets. And yes, given the $1.16 for each bullet, I didn't run Ladder Tests.

The rifle will shoot

AGAIN, the little rifle will shoot what it likes

Man that sucks cause I've found the MTH to be great in my guns. What's the twist rate on your barrel? They're obviously not tumbling but maybe they're marginally stable.

As mentioned before I'd look to hammer now if you still want a high BC monolithic. I haven't shot any yet but it seems they shoot well for nearly everyone.

1-8 twist, my second attempt I used different powders. All the published load data is so light, I went 2 grains over published max. They were about 2 grains too much, my bad.

The 130 might be marginally stable. My barrel is a 7.5 twist (supposedly). That should have stabilized the 140 grain MTH, but it doesn't, even near 3000 FPS. I switched to the 130 and they were stable. You said you tried the 120's too and they were no good?

yep both, I'll stick to the 143 ELDX

I had GREAT accuracy with the 140 Berger Elite Hunters but had 2 pass through on whitetail, no expansion or devastating wounds. Did not hit bone

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.