Cutting Edge 425/13-6.5 Gain twist

Also, when the 8500 was shipped to me there was no bolt stop in it. It still has no bolt stop. The base was so far out of spec none of my rings would fit. They did send me a new base that worked with the Badger Max50 rings.

With all that being said, the rifles built on the two actions have all been shooters.

Cogratulations! I am also having extreme success with several of the cutting edge bullets. However I am not in the extreme long range game so do not post here. I have shot a few to 1500 yards that did very well out of hunting weight rifles.

OP, does this barrel start out a 13 twist rate and end up a 6.5 twist rate? I am very familiar with the gain twist barrels, I just didnt know they made any with that radical of an increase in the twist rate. Thanks, BK

I fired one Rd just at dark today. Rd hit a 12 in circle on the edge at 7 o'clock. Range was 2055 yds. Due to darkness and hazy conditions I didn't fire any more rds. The next stop will be 2500.

I am technologically challenged, therefore I don't post pictures. The rifle is a Lawton 8000, Manners stock, Bartlein 30 in barrel. I could get my daughter to take a pic and send it to some of you guys. You could then post it if you wish.

Update, I shot the 425s at 2450 yds today. They are stable and very consistent at that distance. I am ordering more of them to do more testing. The Longrange accuracy seems to good to be true. I need to send 100 or so at 2000 plus before sharing specifics.

Update, I shot the 425s at 2450 yds today. They are stable and very consistent at that distance. I am ordering more of them to do more testing. The Longrange accuracy seems to good to be true. I need to send 100 or so at 2000 plus before sharing specifics.

Looking forward to your report Augustus. Glad it is going well. I won't say all the groups I have shot at 2000 plus were surprisingly tight, but some where small enough to make you say "holy crap" I understand your wanting to confirm.

Jeff

I don't think I would want to torch this thing off 100 times in a day. 10 is about my limit.

I fired the last three of the 425s today. Wind was waffling around but was almost imperceptible. The first two rds were fired at 1770 yds, both rds landed in a white 12 in spot on red background. One Rd was about 1 inch inside at 3 and the other was just inside at 9. I changed locations and fired at a rock at 2515 yds. Smoke boiled of the rock, the rock is about 36 by 36 inches.

I'm going to go ahead and declare these bullets out of a 13-6.5 gain twist are ready to be marketed. CE will be sending me another 100 of these So I'm ready to start having fun.

Just a reminder, I don't have any connection to Bartlien barrels or Cutting Edge other than I bought the barrel and have tested the bullets. I have received no compensation from either of these folks and Do not expect any in the future.

I fired the last three of the 425s today. Wind was waffling around but was almost imperceptible. The first two rds were fired at 1770 yds, both rds landed in a white 12 in spot on red background. One Rd was about 1 inch inside at 3 and the other was just inside at 9. I changed locations and fired at a rock at 2515 yds. Smoke boiled of the rock, the rock is about 36 by 36 inches.

I'm going to go ahead and declare these bullets out of a 13-6.5 gain twist are ready to be marketed. CE will be sending me another 100 of these So I'm ready to start having fun.

Just a reminder, I don't have any connection to Bartlien barrels or Cutting Edge other than I bought the barrel and have tested the bullets. I have received no compensation from either of these folks and Do not expect any in the future.

Good to see they are working for you as well, but for all those wonting to give them a go, while 6.5 twist may work that tight a twist isn't need to keep them flying, when we finish testing we will be able to give people more of an idea what is needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.