Custom Winchester Builds lets see them

Thanks for the replies switching actions is like switching barbers to me. Lol
But I'm glad to see some nice outfits on M 70 actions. I'm just assuming that it's slightly heavier than the 700. But if I use a 700 would have to be a long action so maybe not as much as I think. The safety will defiantly take some getting used to as well I really like the 700 thumb flick and your hot.
See and I personally prefer the 3 position Winchester safety. Just feels a little more secure to me and I like that it locks the bolt. Only thing I don't like is you can't set the safety after you cock it with the bolt open like you can a rem.

Also what's the options for s open mounting on the Winchester. On my 700s I run a Near Alpha hunter 10 moa very high quality one peice unit. Who makes a good quality 10-20 moa lightweight rail or lightweight one peice in 10-20 moa for winny.

Richard will make a mount for your M70. I have an alpha hunter on a M700 and a DNZ on a M70. The DNZ is a bit lighter, but nowhere near the same league as NEAR.

Thanks I'm Gona get KS Arms in Alberta to do my work this time my old smiths prices are out of this world now and after 3 builds with them no breaks either. I have been looking hard to find parts like the 700 action tho.

Karl is an incredible gunsmith and machinist. He builds his own actions and turns his own barrels - one of the few masters from the old school. I'd ask him to replace the firing pin spring and tweak the action timing. Karl's done a fair amount of work for us over the years, and he's an absolute genius with metal.

See and I personally prefer the 3 position Winchester safety. Just feels a little more secure to me and I like that it locks the bolt. Only thing I don't like is you can't set the safety after you cock it with the bolt open like you can a rem.

PTnG makes an aftermarket 3 position (Winchester style) safety for the model 700 bolt. I've been thinking about trying one out on my next rebuild.

Thank you that's great to hear I'm gona have him do a little action trimming for me as well flute the bolt. I had not thought about firing pin tune up thanks.

Here is a typical high end Winchester M70 (a lefty unfortunately...):

f59b371cfd4684770a3f92c0677d0356.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.