• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom Savage 110 package .284 Win and .260 Rem

Viking264

Going to give this one last shot at selling as a package; otherwise, will sell it as parts. Purchased this rifle as a project gun. Savage 110 action, Cerakoted, with aftermarket target trigger (breaks at ~1-lb), DBM that accepts AI mags, in a Stockade tactical stock with full aluminum bedding block. Same overall design as the McMillan A5 (I own one, so have done the direct comparison; in my mind, the Stockade is a better stock, because it does not require any bedding). Action is smooth. Ejector in bolt face has recently been replaced. EGW rail is 20 MOA. Tactical bolt knob. Northland Shooters Supply improved barrel nut and heavy recoil lug. Includes two barrels: one is a Benchmark 28" heavy contour chambered in .260 Remington with 5C-groove, 8-twist. Round count is 340; bore is clean. .284 Win barrel is 26" CBI 9-twist, match reamed, varmint contour. Round count through the CBI is 62. Witt Machine muzzle brake (included) installed on the .284 Win barrel drops recoil to something akin to a heavy-barrel .243. At the muzzle velocities permitted by the long loading and greater case capacity of the long action vs the standard short action, this barrel twist rate will stabilize Berger 180-gr projectiles with no problem whatsoever. This is an extremely accurate rifle, with either barrel. I have only fired hand loads through both barrels 5-round accuracy on all hand loads has been ragged-hole to ~0.40 MOA.

This is a long action (flat back), which permits loading the bullets out to max length, which in turn permits much higher MV than is possible with SA loads. To give an example, my .284 Win load using a 162-grain HPBT Match achieves ~3,000 fps with a pressure of ~58K psi, which is ~5K psi lower than the SAAMI max. I could easily take it to 3,100 fps. Neither is possible with a short action. Same applies to .260 Rem loads. If you want the max MV out of either cartridge, particularly with the newer 6.5- and 7-mm projectiles from Hornady and Nosler, then this is how to do it. With the long action capability of having a longer OAL, the .260 Rem loads are nearly to the MV of an Ackley-improved .260 Rem in a short action. I've loaded 140-grain Hornady Amax at 2,930 fps while still remaining below the pressure limit. I will provide the buyer with load data for .260 Rem and .284 Win for this specific rifle.

Bipod, magazine, scope, and rings are not included. Asking $1,500, or make me a reasonable offer and I'll consider it.

Lastly, note that bolt is no longer Cerakoted; it is now polished (and very smooth to cycle).

Bump. Added to this sale:

- Approximately 100 pieces of .260 Rem fired Lapua/Nosler/Norma brass (all fired in the included barrel)
- Approximately 30 rounds of .260 Rem hand loads prepared for this rifle.

No .284 Win brass or dies, and no .260 Rem dies.

$1,500 will be the firm price. I can flexible with payment options. I'm no longer interested in trades. Thank you for looking.