ramrod79

image1.JPG

image2.JPG Here is my new custom 6.5x55

Specs are : Fully Blueprinted Rem action
# 3 23" lalija barrel
Jewel trigger tuned to 2 LBS
Wildcat lightweight stock
7LBS as seen ,and loves 127 LRX going about 2950

I am thinking about getting a 40 degree shoulder done on it .

Re: Custom 6.5x55

I like it. I was thinking about building a sheep gun just like that on a Mauser action I have.... Well done! gun)

The 6.5x55 is supposed to be one of the best for getting sufficient improvement when changing to Ackley specs. I'd bet you'd love it!

Scot E.

Thanks Guys it does shoot well ,and it doubles as a sheep rifle, and the boys gun for deer hunting , I still cannot decide weather or not to have 40 degree shoulder done .

If you need another 100fps or more, then, yes run and 'improved' reamer through it. I haven't tried and 'Improved' yet but there are others here how have and can espouse the benefits beyond velocity.

I love experimenting but what has stopped me from 'improving' is also the practical side of me that says, '"if in ain't broke, don't mess with it"

Well I just could not leave well enough alone so off to smiths to get fitted with a Benchmark #4 finished at 26" chambered in a 6.5 284 if I can find a Game scout then I will put one on as well I will post pics when completed in a few weeks . Now I need to find some Retumbo for a trial!!!!

Hey Ramrod we have a couple A3 sporter edge's here in long action, I could have one up to our Canadian dealer shortly... :D
Chris
Benchmark

Thanks I hope with the new pipe and extra oomph that it is spectacular I cannot wait for upgrades to be done.

Re: Custom 6.5x55 Transformation almost complete

Well pics will be here soon of the transformed 6.5x55 to the NEW 6.5 284
Specs are :
26inch #4 SF Benchmark on the existing trued action nestled into a green swirl MC Millan GS stock cannot wait one more week it will be done ,and pics posted!!

Re: Custom 6.5x55 Transformation is now complete !!!

image.jpg

Gun weighs 8.75 LBS as it sits and what a dream to shoot, I am glad I went with GS stock .

Did well today shot a 3 inch 20 shot break in group today off bi pod at 200 yards so now to get to bench ,and work on my load .

That is a great looking rifle! I love the polished look of Remington stainless actions. The 6.5x284 is a great round, especially in a long action. Any issues with feeding from the magazine?

Thank you and so far no feeding issues.
Feeding this monster 57.5 gr Retumbo Fed 215M and here are some seating depth trials at 200 yards image.jpg

I think it's gona shoot ok.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts