Custom 375 Allen/Lilja/RUM v. factory '06 on Bulls

ricka0

Custom 375 Allen/Lilja/RUM v. factory \'06 on Bulls

My brother and nephew were so lucky as to draw out on a private ranch in UT. Their changes of each getting a large Bull is high. My nephew will be using my 338 Lilja/Allen/RUM with a NF 5.5-22x56 with NP-R2, stoney point sticks, a Bushnell range finder and the kick *** spotting scope I read about in the optics forum.

For my brother I selected my 375 Allen/Lilja/RUM with a Loopie 4.5-14x50. I won't post the 375 results until I get beyond 200 yards, but at 75 yards I had a hard time seeing the bugholes enlarge.

My brother wants to use his factory '06 with factory ammo and cheap redfield optics. He says he doesn't want to ruin the meat.

Expected range is 300-500 yards with 650 the max and 200 the minimum.

Can the choir give me an Amen on the big RUM? I will probably load him up 260gr Accubonds because that's the only bullet I've worked up (and max likely range is 500 yards).

You probably noticed I like my nephew better than my brother, that's why he gets my ultimate elk gun.

At the same time I will be taking a Jynormous buck in Montana with my 300 Lilja/Allen/Savage RUM with a 1:11 twist and a NF 4.5-15x56 with NP-R2. The 300 RUM was designed to be a point blank blaster as the longest distance you ever see the buck at my pals ranch is 650 yards. I'll be shooting whatever shoots best in the 165 - 180 gr range.

All guns have 30" Lilja #8 contour pipes, trigger jobs, Holland QD brakes ( the big 375 RUM kicks less than my 270 WSM ) and stock upgrades.

Re: Custom 375 Allen/Lilja/RUM v. factory \'06 on Bulls

Big Bore,

Your brother is way smarter than any of us on this board. Tell your brother that I will buy his factory ammo for him. Run that worthless gun over to Kirby's shop and I will send him the frieght money to ship it to me. I'll take good care of it for you. I am just as dumb Okie and my safe will not be offended.

Seiously, your brother obviously needs some trigger time on both guns, Taking nothing away from the '06 he should be able to quickly see the obvious differences.

I am eligable for adoption.

Have a good year hunting.

Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.