375 RUM Build

I'm using the SRS "Heavy" brake my 338 Edge and my 375 RUM...
The kick/recoil is laughably and strangely minimal...

Seriously, the SRS Heavy Titanium brake is amazing in regards to recoil reduction!

The animals or the hunter lol? I shot a 300 RUM with 215's for years. Actually shot out the barrel. Now I use a full custom 300 Win mag with 215's for elk. I do have H1000 and a brand new 8lb jug of R33. The 300 RUM wasn't bad to shoot. But I do wonder what a 260-270 gr bullet knocking on 3000 FPS would be like. Maybe with a good brake it wouldn't be to bad.
Brisk, sharp, and substantial. Not for those who are at all recoil sensitive.

They do make a big thump on impact though.

Some threads need to be revived because of changes happening ! Great info with first hand experiences in this thread.
I just shoot a tiny little 300 RUM, my other is a slow poke 35 Whelen.

Brisk, sharp, and substantial. Not for those who are at all recoil sensitive.

They do make a big thump on impact though.
Wouldn't say I'm recoil sensitive. Can't say I enjoy heavy recoil though. My TC encore muzzle loader shooting a 360 gr pure lead bullet with 120 gr of loose triple 7 is plenty for me. I'll have to give this some thought. Just not sure what to build without having overlap on cartridges. Not that there's anything wrong with a new gun anytime!

Wouldn't say I'm recoil sensitive. Can't say I enjoy heavy recoil though. My TC encore muzzle loader shooting a 360 gr pure lead bullet with 120 gr of loose triple 7 is plenty for me. I'll have to give this some thought. Just not sure what to build without having overlap on cartridges. Not that there's anything wrong with a new gun anytime!
As I mentioned earlier in the thread I have a 10.75 lbs 338 Lapua improved; no mater what I shoot out of it, there is virtually no recoil. I have a "little bastard" brake, very efficient- but VERY loud (as most brakes are).

I also have a 11.75 lbs, 375 (not 378) Weatherby no brake- built on a new Winchester model 70 Safari. 300 grain bullets at 2700 fps; no fun from the bench. If you are at all recoil sensitive that rifle will make you tap out. My 458 Lott (exact same rifle set up) shooting 500 grain bullets at 2250 is BRUTAL.

Keeping this thread going. Looking for info for those who have loaded hammer hunters in either the 281 or the 329s. Looking for what speeds you run them at and what barrel length.

Penrod precision is putting a new 375 rum together for me right now.
Will be using a Defiance Tenacity action with a Wyatt extended box. Placed in a HS Precision PST026 stock, a 32in Barlein with a 1-11 to 1-10 gain twist barrel and Omega 46M on the end.

Gday

@Whitetail312 thanks for bumping this thread as some great information in here & I note 2 of the members are no longer with us ( je custom & Yorke -1 ) but their information will live on & is still super important for ones wanting to chamber the 375 rum

I wish I knew of this thread before I got my last 375 rum reamer but I'm also not in some of you guy's leagues as I'm just a guy that gets it chambered & go kill 💩
& the 375 rum is a extremely effective chambering @ doing that & grown to be my favourite replacing the 300 rum

I don't know if I'll be of any help to anyone but I know this thread definitely helps me & sure it will others
Thanks guys
Cheers