.375 Cheytac Build...PICS!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Earl Fouraker, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Earl Fouraker

Earl Fouraker Well-Known Member

The Man in the Brown Truck stopped by today and left me a package....My .375 Pac-nor 1/10" twist super match barrel showed up after about 9 wks. Barrel looks great. It's 1.350 for 4" and then tapering down to 1" at the muzzle with 6 flutes.

It's going on my Bat action with 40MOA base. I haven't exactly decided if I'm going to use the standard .375 cheytac chambering or one of the improved versions. I'll probally go with one of the improved versions.

I'm going to be putting in an order for a manners T-4 in the next couple of days. Anyways I'm excited to say the least, and wanted to Share. More pics and progress to come.

[​IMG]

2. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

Nice Earl, look forward to following your project. Oh ya, I'd go improved too.:D

3. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i bet it'll shoot better if you point the action in the same direction as the barrel! OK, a little attempt at humor. looks great, keep us posted

4. 358sta

358sta Well-Known Member

Looks great. How long is your barrel going to be?

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Earl,

I'm a bit behind you but gaining......

What's the diameter of that Bat?

Yea, may as well go with an improved version which should settle you in for a while. There isn't much out there that bigger and still useful.:cool:

6. Earl Fouraker

The Bat action is a model M 1.55 diameter single shot. It has the straight flutes. I must say it is a machining masterpiece. It's hard to believe how nice these actions are until you actually put your hands on one.

The barrel is unfinished @ 31". It is 1.350 diameter for 4" tapers to 1.2 @ 7" and then to 1" at the muzzle. It's a 6 groove 1/10" twist. I've had very good luck with the pac-nor barrels, and will continue to use them until I get a bad one.

Roy, you have plenty of time to catch up!...I'll be building this rifle, as I get the "extra" money. I'm finding out This Chey-tac stuff isn't cheap!

7. GLZ

GLZ Well-Known Member

Those BAT's are nice.:) I just picked mine up Thursday. Same as yours but with helical flutes. My .375 Brux came in Monday. I'm going to do an improved version with a Russo A-5.

8. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

I hear you on that...... I'll be using the same action. Gonna go for the right bolt left port idea depending on how my eye surgery goes. If it goes as expected I may go the left bolt right port route.

Jury is still out on the stock I had a front runner bookmarked they my 'puter ate its babies the bookmark went east with the geese. The effort is to relocate that stock maker.

Hell its just money and when I leave this world I want to slide into home plate dead broke with a big smile on my face.:D

9. Slopeshunter

Slopeshunter Well-Known Member

Good statement Roy, I like it!

10. Dano1

Dano1 Well-Known Member

Yeah Roy,

That Makes me Laugh too. Well said! If'n I wasn't raising kids Id be right behind you....:D

Dan

11. Earl Fouraker

Yeah...I hear you Roy! I hope one day I can take that perspective on Life. Myself like Dan have too many kid's to raise right now....But someday!!

12. MT4XFore

MT4XFore Well-Known Member

No intent to hijack here, but; Roy what kind of eye surgery you got scheduled?
    Certainly hope all goes well. Keep us informed. Certainly dont want to miss any of your wisdom and humor.

Good Luck and God Bless

Jim

13. sierra22

sierra22 Well-Known Member

What sort of bullets will you guys be using?

Certainly sounds like an interesting calibre, but I'm not keen on doing any developing myself - would much rather have someone more knowledgeable than me solve those problems.

14. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

MT4XFore,

Standard ol' cataract surgery.

Sierra22,

350 SMKs - that is until something better comes along. Which I understand is coming along.......