Curtis Vector/Terminus Zeus Quick Change durability

ZAR LRH

Strongly considering building a switch barrel hunting setup on one of the above mentioned actions with the quick change functionality. Anyone out there that has been running anyone of the actions for a while or anyone with the technical background that can provide no BS insight into the durability of the quick change system? Also any drawback on the actions for a hunting setup?

I'm by no means a gunsmith, but consider myself a little more handy compared to the normal person when it comes to rifles. Will one be able to assemble a complete rifle without the help of a GS? Seems like a prefit barrel will address the barrel and chambering issue. The trigger seems straight forward, suppose the biggest uncertainty is around stock and mag setup and fitting of action into the stock. Possible or perhaps a little of a stretch?

I am not pro gunsmith but do my own work. Termius Zeus or similar quailty with built in lug makes for nice switch barrel rifle. Same family cartridge like 22 and 6.5 Creedmoor and same barrel contour would make nice rig. It is very important to make sure headspace is correct for both cartridges using the same bolt.

I have zero experience with changing bolts in my terminus for new calibers (.223/.308/mag) and it's reliability but can tell you with absolute certainty that the quick barrel change feature is the slickest system out there.

Ive been running mine for roughly 8 months now and absolutely love it! Hand tight and tighten set screws and poi shift is extremely minimal at best and more often the not it doesn't shift at all! Just a super slick system.

as far as the rest of the assembly goea there's a f questions that needs answered. Stock or chassis? Chassis there's zero concern. Drop in, torque and shoot! As far as stock. Something like a manners with a mini chassis eliminates another series of problems. Basically drop in redding and can add some addition bedding if wanted or up to the task.

not that's it's difficult to do but without the proper equipment changing triggers can sometimes be a pain. Mr. Russo with terminus made it a hell of a lot more user friendly and incredibly simplified. Threaded trigger pins!! Why the hell was it not done before! Absolutely love this idea and it seems to work great as well.

I have 1 terminus and it won't be my last. Would love to get a second bolt snd due a mag or 223 cal build off it too

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.