Curious question

30 inch barrel and 107grn capacity
I was asking Taylorbok's set-up.

1711533303332.png

Here is the chamber sketch . Nothing special but just waiting on my reamer. Its ordered, 6-8 weeks out!

Darrin
I'm not sure why they would send you an incomplete reamer print form. That's a red flag.
I'd avoid PTG, maybe they've changed but from my personal experience and all the horror stories you hear it's surprising they are still in business.
JGS or Manson should be able to help you out with a reamer if this fails.

FWIW this is what a reamer print should look like

Attachments

• 375 RUM-IMP REAMER.jpg
    375 RUM-IMP REAMER.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 17
I'm not sure why they would send you an incomplete reamer print form. That's a red flag.
I'd avoid PTG, maybe they've changed but from my personal experience and all the horror stories you hear it's surprising they are still in business.

I called JGS, they told me they could not help me. I was a little shocked cause I need a custom reamer made. But the were hell bent because my parent case was a Weatherby case . I'll call PTG again

Taylor just called PTG they were confused The print I had had no values. They are re sending the print now. I'll post it

Can someone help me understand the difference with a chamber reamer print and cartridge print. The reason is, I'm looking at the reamer print and I was hoping to see more straightening f the case taper . But I'm not sure what I'm seeing . I'm just really trying to learn. Sorry for all the questions

Darrin

Last edited:
Can someone help me understand the difference with a chamber reamer print and cartridge print. The reason is, I'm looking at the reamer print and I was hoping to see more straightening f the case taper . But I'm not sure what I'm seeing . I'm just really trying to learn. Sorry for all the questions

Darrin
From what I can see you've got .018" per inch of body taper. Usually .010" is the recommended minimum for bottleneck cartridges, that drawing I posted above has .0055" tpi and it's working well.

From what I can see you've got .018" per inch of body taper. Usually .010" is the recommended minimum for bottleneck cartridges, that drawing I posted above has .0055" tpi and it's working well.
So this is to much taper then is what your saying. It will not blow out the case as much. My Tpi is .074.

Last edited:
I designed my wildcats on the 416 Rigby case to have .005" per inch taper, which is absolute minimum for a bottlenecked case, but using steep shoulder angle and 20% over calibre for neck length, it is doable.
This is why I wondered what you meant when you originally said increasing shoulder angle without any other dimension listed. You should gain 5-8g powder without decreasing case taper as is now, but you could gain more removing case taper to .010" per inch.

Cheers.

So this is to much taper then is what your saying. It will not blow out the case as much. My Tpi is .074.
I saw that on the print but I can't make sense of it. The case never had that much taper, it says TPI over 20" but that doesn't add up either. I came up with .018 after comparing 2 datums and reducing by their distance apart. To maximize volume I'd ask them to give it .010 case taper