crows for the year

Tnwhip

I have been doing good shooting the crows this year so far. I had a run of 11 before I had a miss then I fell apart LOL. Got too cockey I guess. Didn't hold steady enought. I have a grand total of 15 so far this season, with 6 misses. I shoot most of them from my cabin porch shooting across my hay field, some out of my pecan trees in my yard. I shoot them with all my rifles kinda depends on the range. I have 2 with my 22 lr at 20yds,2 with 22 mag at 25yds,4 with my HMR 50,yds and 2 at 75 yds ,2 with my K hornet at 128 & 132 yds,1 with 220 swift at 105 yds, 2 with 22-250 at 164 and 118 yds . A lot of time I get a double. Shoot one and within 15 minutes another one will come and see what is wrong with his buddy. The other day I shot one and his buddy flew down and walked up to him and when I shot he fell on top of his buddy. Stack them like cord wood LOL.

I have been doing good shooting the crows this year so far. I had a run of 11 before I had a miss then I fell apart LOL. Got too cockey I guess. Didn't hold steady enought. I have a grand total of 15 so far this season, with 6 misses. I shoot most of them from my cabin porch shooting across my hay field, some out of my pecan trees in my yard. I shoot them with all my rifles kinda depends on the range. I have 2 with my 22 lr at 20yds,2 with 22 mag at 25yds,4 with my HMR 50,yds and 2 at 75 yds ,2 with my K hornet at 128 & 132 yds,1 with 220 swift at 105 yds, 2 with 22-250 at 164 and 118 yds . A lot of time I get a double. Shoot one and within 15 minutes another one will come and see what is wrong with his buddy. The other day I shot one and his buddy flew down and walked up to him and when I shot he fell on top of his buddy. Stack them like cord wood LOL.
picture of the last buddy double

Shot two more last week with the shotgun but missed two. I have a new 243 that I am going to shoot at some this week if the wind calms down a little. This last cold front kicked the wind up to 40mph it will be back to normal this week I think. I will be deer hunting and when I get ready to go if a crow is in the field I will see if I can make feathers fly .

I carry a 22/243 in the Ranger every day checkin' cattle. It works reeaaallly well on crows from 50-450 yards ....... I was glad to see Midway put the 75gr Amax on clearance for $77 / 600

I've been wanting to down a crow for a long time. Keep the pictures coming. There is a video on youtube of a guy talking about crow hunting. Vance Video Productions. I have watched it more times that I should care to admit.

shot at one today but missed. He was right at 400 yds had the range right but missed judged the wind a little. Got a few feathers but he flew off.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.