crazy question

wvmountainhick

Just sent my 7mm stw of to get a Hart barrel installed and had a smoking deal pop up on a vortex viper 6.5-20 pop up. I'm getting the scope regardless because if it's not going to fit the needs for this rifle I'll slam it on something else since the deal was so sweet. My question: if I'm dialing in for moderate (for many of you) ranges, 5-600 yards, does it have to be at its highest power for things to work properly? I understand that for any kind of holdover hash marks to work properly on this type of scope that they have to be at their highest power. I'm hoping that is not the case for dialing in ranges as well. In my head out doesn't seem that would be the case but y'all know better than I. 2 moa of adjustment should still be the same at 6.5x as it is at 20x right? This scope is temporary on this rig as I've got other plans for it later but will it work for the time being?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts