coyotes in California

Southern California coyotes are way smart. They mostly hang out in urban areas, and if you try to shoot them, they call in the local Swat Team on yo' ***. :D

I do. I got three last week. I would not say I am any good at it but I kill a few. They are smart where I hunt to. The pups can be stupid though. There is a lot of hunting presure in CA. It is hard to find a place that has not been hunted alot. Most people in CA that have land will not let you hunt unless you know them real well. I hunt hard to get the dogs I do get to come in. I don't get them every time, and some times go through long dry spells. I wonder some times if it is my abilitys. When you do call one in though it makes it all worth it to me. Very challenging.

WOW doesnt look like there is very many out there. Guess it's not really a surprise. I do most of mine in the Mid-North Eastern side of the the state.

When i lived in Calif I use to do a lot of rabbit hunting near Doyle and heard a lot of them howling. . But did not hunt Coyotes until i moved here to N.Utah and just started doing that about a month and a half ago .

RobK.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.