Coyote recipes

Honestly, go down to a Korean restaurant. They don't have to use dog in the restaurant to know a recipe for it. Especially if they are 1st or 2nd generation. I have heard you have to get them skinned out pretty quick though.

I'm going to have to get a dang site hungrier than I've ever been to eat a yote. Now I've eaten some odd things to include woodpecker, Rock chuck and porcupine.

A gut check (no pun) I use is watch the road kill. Take your standard house cat. You see a road kill cat and notice not even crows eat this thing. it will lay there untouched forever; yotes are the same way, nothing will eat them including me. With almost any other road kill you will have other critters on it within hours.

just my opinion and each man to his own.

Eat elk, 10,000 wolves in MT. WY & ID can't be wrong, they must be delicious.

I've ate Groundhog,Racoon and Squirrels.....I can live a long time off My fat before I'd eat a Coyote,heck I'd eat a bug first.

If You plan on saving the fur Get a smaller Caliber Rifle and try some lighter bullets say in the 32-35 to 40 grain via .204 or .223 or even 50-55 grain V-max bullets in a .223 to 22-250.

A .17 Hornady Hornet,a .22 Hornet or .17 Remington or Fireball would be a good choice too and it would be easy on the Hides of a Fox or Bobcat....I'd eat a Bobcat....any Recipes for them?

Your wife may be a excellent chef but I had a old Italian chef teach me one thing that has stuck with me over 25 years. " You can't make chicken soup out of chicken sh!t"
As mentioned earlier it has a nice fur. Utilize it that way and not waste your time cooking.

Gene

Oh yes. I'm tagging in. Dinner time. Let us know how them parasites are.

Attachments

• e9a41f18c8b031bb715de7a48555ad84.jpg
    e9a41f18c8b031bb715de7a48555ad84.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 120
Too much venison and squirrel in the freezer to consider peeling the hide off a stinky coyote. I have a friend in Iowa who has tried smoking the hams on one.

He says they're sneaky even after death. First bite, not too bad. Second one, the taste started to shine through. Couldn't get past the third bite though.

I expect it's like most critters. The young ones are more tender and tasty. I'd still have to be pretty hungry to skin one for food.:rolleyes:

I'll chime in and take the sh!t. I shot a coyote with bird shot and cut out the back straps. Back at our camp, a buddy and I skillet fried small cut chunks of the coyote in olive oil and onions. We ate the coyote fajita style with tortillas. It wasn't bad at all, no big deal really.

You could look up Korean recipes where they use dog. When I was stationed in Korea one of my Katusa's took me to his family on Chosak holiday. They had a few different dishes that dog in them. They were both very delicious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosintang

That's one of the dishes I tried. The other dish was kind of a bbq style in a sweet teriyaki type sauce. I thought dog tasted very good.

Don't they eat the young and tender domestic dogs though? I have skinned around 25 yotes this year, I will skin a three day old gut shot yote for 20 bucks, but I wouldn't eat one for 100 bucks!
And I can vouch for the fact that buzzards or crows won't eat them. A possum wont last overnight without something eating them, and I don't eat possum either!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts