Coyote hunting tips

My best month was in May one year on a new ranch doing control denning I called in and shot 60 adults . As for fur calling I have done my best calling the last of October and the first part of November , A split month .

In what month do you get the best results from calling?

Ok, this is not popular but is the truth. The coyote parents kick the pups out of the den somewhere between June to late July at the latest. During this time, it is best to hunt, hunt, hunt, and kill everyone that you can before they get educated. When you kill one, expect multiples, start the stand all over again.

Here the adults and pups start sage brush camping in mid June to early July . The pups start to venture out hunting around the end of September on their own . By the last part of October the young of the year are out on their own roaming around . I have taken females that were still heavy with pups here the first week in June , they were the young of last year during years with good prey bases . Late August and early September here is when the adults are training the pups to kill and at times you will have several lambs just killed in one night and not eaten on . I have called pups in June when I was too close to the den area while attempting to call the adults . It's kind of strange to see a 3rd grown coyote coming to the call .

Pups here in the South are on their own by late July and Early August. Save some fawns and kill them when they are dumb.

Fish and game put out a camera by a coyote den. A single mating pair of coyotes brought 22 dead fawns to the den for the pups to feed on....scary, eh?

Pups here in the South are on their own by late July and Early August. Save some fawns and kill them when they are dumb.

Fish and game put out a camera by a coyote den. A single mating pair of coyotes brought 22 dead fawns to the den for the pups to feed on....scary, eh?
There was a statistic out where the Game commission said that coyotes can kill up to 75% of the fawn population and that you can get rid of 75% of the coyote population and it doesn't dent their numbers because of breeding. Have to take out those females.

Have you ever saw what coyotes are killing when you heard killing or fighting over a kill ? This january i heard a pack killing or fighting around 10 a.m at over 800 yards . Due to no grond cover i could not get close snough to see or get a shot. WISHanti hunters could hear or see coyotes doing their killing.

I have seen them eat the guts out of a new born deer on many occasions , I Cary usually a couple of rifles in my truck , when I seen them in a pack I knew they were after something they were on a fresh faun I killed 3 including the mother with my AR 15 , I watched that carcous 4 several days and got 4 more that's the best harvest I have ever had , I have lived here all my life and still have my first single shot Stevens I got for my 8 th birthday

Study all of the predators and learn how they live their lives. Don't slow down hunting them when the fur price is down or during the non-fur season. Coyotes especially don't need a hunting season! With coyotes you can take 75 percent of the years young and just about maintain even numbers. Learn what animals are around at what times of the year, then use the sounds that are made by those animals at that time of the year for your calling. Don't get stagnated with calling using only a few sounds over and over change it up with the seasonal changes of the animals, don't abuse your sounds by repeated use of the same sounds at the same stand locations. Study and learn where the predators will be at different times and under different situations. Be observant while you are out there taking the time to notice the subtle differences in the animal's behaviors at the different times of the year, when the weather has changed, during breeding season, during the birthing season, when there is a bounty of food, when there isn't much food, when it's wet, rainy, cold, hot and dry. This all plays into how they react, where they will be, what they will be doing. You don't have to be a professional predator control worker to want to be better at it, you don't have to be a professional control worker to feel satisfaction at doing a better job of calling and hunting predators, if you do however study them and learn more about them you will reap the rewards of having better success while you are out there doing it. Some of the greatest satisfaction you will experience is when you get that one coyote that has eluded you because you studied it and figured it out. I am anal about hunting the predators because it was my job to go and clean up the mess left by others that didn't get them but taught them to be more cautious. Enjoy yourself while out there but take the time to think about doing the best that you can while in pursuit of the coyote.