Coyote hunting tips

I have seen them do that to Antelope here Ed . When they try that with cattle often they have a good fight on their paws , but the way that cows and heifers isolate themselves from the rest of the heard to calve lends it's self to the chance for the coyote to band together and work on her . When a heifer has a problem calving and the calf needs to be pulled by humans is where I have seen that the most often here as the heifer will get worn out and can't stand any longer , her and the calf will both die from this if we don't intervene . Here at this time of the year we seldom have large numbers of coyote running together a pair and possibly three due to the coyote's behavior during breeding season . Often it will be an older male and his mate with another female pup from last years litter running with each other when it's three . I have seen several times where there would be two of the same sex running together , mostly the young of last years litters . Here sometimes the young females won't cycle the first season , when we have lower food bases this often happens . I have taken dens with pups from both females more then once and normally you will see a very distinct age difference in the pups . Is that the case down in your part of the world as well . You are 100% right it is the way that life is and it has no human feelings attached to it for them . If we aren't taught to have these feelings they will often not be present in humans either , I have seen it in other parts of the world where humans acted the same as the rest of the animal world .
Yes, it's the same way here regarding the females and who is running together this time of year.
It is very obvious this year due to the low food supply due to the drought and Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease, which wiped out our cottontail and jackrabbit populations.

Ed

Dark days of winter got you down. Don't let this happen to you. Put the long under wear on and get out there. These dark days can be some of the best hunting or fishing of the year.
It has a name; "Seasonal Affective Disorder" or "SAD". It's a real medical condition that exercise and extremely bright, full spectrum lights can remediate.
So, I get outside every day, walk quite a bit carrying a rifle, backpack with an E-caller, snacks and water, shooting sticks or bipod and sometimes a small, short chair.
Then, I meditate on what a marvelous, wonderfully complex world God has given us, and exercise my dominion over errant predators. 😁

Ed

It has a name; "Seasonal Affective Disorder" or "SAD". It's a real medical condition that exercise and extremely bright, full spectrum lights can remediate.
So, I get outside every day, walk quite a bit carrying a rifle, backpack with an E-caller, snacks and water, shooting sticks or bipod and sometimes a small, short chair.
Then, I meditate on what a marvelous, wonderfully complex world God has given us, and exercise my dominion over errant predators. 😁

Ed
👍🏼 I like that

Yup I also like that Ed and steel2 . Not only was it a job to be done it was an addiction with out a cure but the treatments were a pleasure , fresh air , sometimes lots of it in gusts to 70 mph , plenty of sun shine and exercise . Glad to have had the opportunity to experience it how bout you Ed would you trade it for some thing else ?

Yup I also like that Ed and steel2 . Not only was it a job to be done it was an addiction with out a cure but the treatments were a pleasure , fresh air , sometimes lots of it in gusts to 70 mph , plenty of sun shine and exercise . Glad to have had the opportunity to experience it how bout you Ed would you trade it for some thing else ?
No, sir!!!
It truly is an addiction. I'm a hunter, an Apex predator, and an avid observer and student of nature.
This doesn't even seem like work, even though there is sometimes a great deal of mental and physical effort involved.
Doing predator control work has made me a better hunter and has given me a deeper understanding and appreciation for nature.
I may "officially" retire from this someday, but I will never stop doing it.
It is the essence of life for me.

Ed

Ed , it is very interesting to see raptures hunting as well as coyote , fox and bobcats . I enjoy watching the coyote and fox mousing and a bobcat putting the stock on a rabbit .

geo, here the crows hawks and magpies will as well as the eagles and buzzards , in the summer . They are all interrelated . That's one of the reasons that I tell people to be observant not just look at things when they are out even if they aren't hunting or calling . I really don't know how to explain the difference between the two but there is a huge difference between looking and observing .