coyote howling

7mmSendaro

My 9 year old son and I had a cool experience while deer hunting last night. About sunset a large coyote walked past our blind and sat down in the field 35 yards away. He sat there for 10 minutes, howling occasionally and looking around. I have never seen anything like this here in Illinois. We always hear them, but to have a front row seat was really cool.

To my son's credit, he passed the shot to wait for a deer (which never came). When it got dark and was time to leave, he looked at me a said "Shoulda shot the coyote!"

It was a great experience, especially with my boy.

Great experience that you got to share with your son.:)

Sounds like you've taught your son well. He's got the makings of a pretty good hunter and already knows a lot of what it's all about.

Cool to get to expierence that w/ your son -but your son was right -should have shot the coyote -it would have made a great trophy for him.

No coyote gets a pass w/me.

I think the trophy is a very cool memory of that special time with Dad....lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.