coyote howling

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by 7mmSendaro, Dec 8, 2008.

1. 7mmSendaro

7mmSendaro Well-Known Member

My 9 year old son and I had a cool experience while deer hunting last night. About sunset a large coyote walked past our blind and sat down in the field 35 yards away. He sat there for 10 minutes, howling occasionally and looking around. I have never seen anything like this here in Illinois. We always hear them, but to have a front row seat was really cool.

To my son's credit, he passed the shot to wait for a deer (which never came). When it got dark and was time to leave, he looked at me a said "Shoulda shot the coyote!"

It was a great experience, especially with my boy.

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Great experience that you got to share with your son.:)

Sounds like you've taught your son well. He's got the makings of a pretty good hunter and already knows a lot of what it's all about.

3. ol mike

ol mike Well-Known Member

Cool to get to expierence that w/ your son -but your son was right -should have shot the coyote -it would have made a great trophy for him.

No coyote gets a pass w/me.

4. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

I think the trophy is a very cool memory of that special time with Dad....lightbulb