Coyote Calling In The Wind - Bring It On! by Justin Shireman

ADMIN

Administrator
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Coyote Calling In The Wind - Bring It On! by Justin Shireman. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

The author will have this thread automatically notify him of posts so that he can join the discussion. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very imformative article and it shows that Justin knows what he's writing about. Looking forward to some more of your articles. From another yote hunter, Dave

Cant wait to put this set up to the test...I just moved to southern OK (Lawton) and I am dying to hit the plains and get after these dogs!! Justin if you ever feel like taking a soldier, new to OK, with you one day so I can see how a real caller gets after it I'd be more than happy to tag along!!

Last edited:
Quote from the article:

Try the 12 gauge loaded with some old fashion 00 buck.

Better not get caught hunting ANYTHING with buckshot in Oklahoma.....it's VERY much illegal......BB shot is the biggest legal shot size for anything other than waterfowl and crane!

From the Oklahoma Dept of Wildlife website:

Shotgun Pellet Size

No person in the field may possess or attempt to harvest any wildlife, except waterfowl and crane, with a shotgun using shot larger than conventional BB (.180 in. dia.).

Couldn't find it online and I don't have a copy of the waterfowl regs here, but I believe waterfowl and crane hunters can use shot up to "T" size.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.