Discussion in 'Technical Articles - Discussion' started by ADMIN, Dec 17, 2011.

Coyote Calling--The Setup

1. ADMIN

ADMIN Administrator

This is a thread for discussion of the article, Coyote Calling--The Setup, By Tim Titus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

2. REDHEAD

REDHEAD Well-Known Member

Setup is one of my problems. I don't know how many times I have setup, turned on my call andlightbulb realized everything is wrong. Elevation is paramount .

3. tt35

tt35 Well-Known Member

REDHEAD: I know exactly what you mean. There have been times when we've sat down to call, realized it was a bad set-up and just gotten up and left without calling. It's better than educating a coyote and not being able to call it later. I've also set-up and then changed either my location or the location of the caller. Again, a little more motion prior to starting to call is better than a bad set-up.

The first bobcat I killed was partially the result of modifying my set-up before beginning to call. As I sat down, I realized it wasn't goiung to be a great set-up. I only moved about ten feet to my right but when the bobcat got to my call, I only had to bring my rifle straight up and I was dead in line with the 'cat. I may have been able to get him from where I was at but it was satisfying to have it just right when he got there. A nice bobcat was the result.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  4. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Nicely written, Tim. I have so much to learn!

5. REDHEAD

REDHEAD Well-Known Member

Its hard when your looking at so much nothingness. I feel I go to great lengths. I usually walk 1/4 mile to stand- using terrain to hide my truck, watch the wind. Works less than often. Oh well , its the adventure.