Could use some AR15 Christmas help??

All my AR's have them. Great company. Not to start a measuring contest but between them and LaRue, pretty easy decision. My buddy was sponsored by them and they took great care of me being associated on multiple purchases and builds.
I am not clear about what you are suggesting. What barrel do you have on all of your ARs? From what I can tell from all of the responses there are a number of barrels out there that perform quite well. I've also found a few companies who are stating that there's a 2-3 month waiting period, not what I want to read.

I have built about 50 ARs.

Here are my opinions:

1) Don't install a carbon fiber wrapped barrel. That's not really a thing for us AR guys.
2) 223 Wylde is good to go if that's what you want to run. No issues.
3) Any of the premium barrel makers are good to go. If you want to shoot bugholes and not break the bank, just get a Ballistic Advantage Premium barrel for a few hundred dollars and thank me later.

I am a huge fan of the "Hanson Profile." Here is a link to an 18" for $230:

Ballistic Advantage Hanson Profile Link

The 16" is available on that site.

I am not clear about what you are suggesting. What barrel do you have on all of your ARs? From what I can tell from all of the responses there are a number of barrels out there that perform quite well. I've also found a few companies who are stating that there's a 2-3 month waiting period, not what I want to read.

I was agreeing with the silent capture comment. I run a JP barrel and bolt in a .308 I built and I'm thoroughly impressed. I have their cryogenic treated combo. I've been behind 5 different JP's that shot identical with the same barrel. A group of us were shooting them for PRS. If I build another precision AR it will be with JP parts. Just my 2 cents, like I said they are not cheap.

I agree with many posting about Ballistic Advantage (Aero's barrel division BTW). They are very good for the money. That said, I think Faxon is better. I brought in Faxon 6mm ARC barrels for some builds and bore scoped them. I'm now selling my cut rifled 5r from one of the other top companies and going to the 5r Faxon. Their bores/rifling/nitride process are superior especially for the AR.

Rails - BCM first, Aero 2nd. Most of the quality builds we do here are Aero.

Last edited:
I agree with many posting about Ballistic Advantage (Aero's barrel division BTW). They are very good for the money. That said, I think Faxon is better. I brought in 6mm ARC for some builds and scoped them. I'm now selling my cut rifled 5r from one of the other top companies and going to the 5r Faxon. Their bores/rifling/nitride process are superior especially for the AR.

Rails - BCM first, Aero 2nd. Most of the quality builds we do here are Aero.
I 2nd faxon! I have several barrels from them along with CBI, AP and YHM. Several AP receivers along with 2A (light weight), but also have some poly receivers (upper and lower) that are 0 issues.

After a lot of hours on this computer, and....after researching the replies the order pretty much seems to be a Proof Research, 16 inch, mid length, 7 twist barrel (#101582) with a Sikkens Precision adjustable gas break (#SP-AGB-AR15). The gas break is in stock at Brownell's, the barrel is "supposed" to be in stock at Proof Research, will make the call tomorrow when the place is open. This is the best that I can come up with for what my son is looking for and for what he is going to use it for. I made this decision based upon the replies that were sent and what my son asked for. I had no idea about what an adjustable gas break was, or a "mid-length" barrel was or how any of this stuff worked. I cannot thank everyone again for their replies. Now hopefully what I am looking for is or will be in stock.