Could use some AR15 Christmas help??

I'd like to thank all of the people who replied to this post. I knew that if I posted in the right forum there would be members who would give the some direction for this barrel. I learned about a .223 Wylde chamber and an adjustable gas block today. As I stated in the original post, I don't know squat about an AR15, not my kind of shooting. As I have written I am a blued/walnut Ruger 77, or 1895 Marlin type of shooter. My .22 is a blued, walnut Ruger 77/22. Every reply has helped me out tremendous with this, and.....you will make a hard working young man a very happy camper!! Thank you again.

Last edited:
1/7 shoots anything, 1/8 shoots everything but some think it shoots heavy match better. 1/9 might shoot heavier than 69gr but its barrel dependent.

The larues at $800 will outshoot a proof barrel on cheaper parts. And I love proof barrels.
But boy I've always been impressed with every larue ive seen or shot in fact just order the 6.5 grendel upper form them.

Last edited:
I've bought and installed hundreds of AR barrels. White Oak and Faxon barrels are lights out shooting. Faxon really surprised me the level of accuracy over the 30 barrels I bought from them. White Oak was pretty boring though, I knew what they did! ;) I personally want to try Lelja and Kreiger and compare to White Oak.
Hundreds out does me I just built my 30th. Most I have built for others.
I agree on the Faxon barrels, all I have shot have done. I am over the top stoked on my compass lake barrels. They have been amazing.
I pretty much build aero parts with aero floating handguards. Put a adjustable gas block, TT trigger, JP silent capture and off I go. They have all shot well except a 6.8 SPC I am having cycling issues on.

All my AR's have them. Great company. Not to start a measuring contest but between them and LaRue, pretty easy decision. My buddy was sponsored by them and they took great care of me being associated on multiple purchases and builds.

Having the benefit of experience, I had at one time, 1 AR-10 lower, and three uppers in different calibers. Over time, I bought two more lowers to complete each unit. My point here is simple. He wants an extremely accurate rifle, and one that's fun to shoot. I got that from your comment about feeding his AR. I personally wouldn't run copious amounts of ammo through a high end barrel and expect it to maintain a low MOA.
Later he might acquire another lower too. Again, I doubt he would want the same optics either.

Not proof but I got a good deal on a BSF C/F barrel and its plenty accurate what I noticed the most was I took a 20in SS bull off and went to C/F 20 in and my coyote AR was fun to hunt with again. Its never gonna be light per say but switching from SS to CF dropped weight and at least as accurate. As far as shooting strings of fire with CF I dont know. I shoot coyotes so 1-2 shots at a time most I would say is 5-6 if we get lucky enough to call in a triple or something. I would say this as well peoples ideas of accurate AR's range greatly. I can shoot a constant .5 group outta my coyote AR but its not just barrel for me it is comfortable I have stock I like grip I like NICE light trigger I really like. Lastly I shoot reloads not factory ammo. I have a load built for mine that is fast accurate and repeatable. Good luck I hope you find what you are looking for.

I have a Krieger barrel in 308 when I had a custom build many years ago. Shoots lights out. Great barrel. Like mentioned an carbon barrel wouldn't be good if he plans on rapid firing exercises. Just my 2 cents.