Cooper

The OWNER does so rationalize that out however you want to. Put the ole spin on it and hey if that is what floats your boat then do it. Just think that every dime you spend with them it is just like giving money to Sara Brady and Company. Why not skip the middle man so to speak and go ahead and write them a check. Might as well send one to Pelosi and Schumer as well because when you get right down to it you are doing the same thing just letting Dan hold the money for a while lol.

The owner is the owner period and there has been nothing posted or released to indicate otherwise. This is a CYA by Cooper but the fact remains that Cooper is still a Principal....

You may own Coopers and unfortunately the actions of Dan killed the resale but the Company still exists to make Dan a profit and that is not acceptable to me.

The OWNER does so rationalize that out however you want to. Put the ole spin on it and hey if that is what floats your boat then do it. Just think that every dime you spend with them it is just like giving money to Sara Brady and Company. Why not skip the middle man so to speak and go ahead and write them a check. Might as well send one to Pelosi and Schumer as well because when you get right down to it you are doing the same thing just letting Dan hold the money for a while lol.

The owner is the owner period and there has been nothing posted or released to indicate otherwise. This is a CYA by Cooper but the fact remains that Cooper is still a Principal....

You may own Coopers and unfortunately the actions of Dan killed the resale but the Company still exists to make Dan a profit and that is not acceptable to me.

Did you read the post with the letter in it? I do plan on finding out whether or not Dan is still connected in any way.

Dan Cooper made a choice,And so am I, to never leave a fingerprint on another one. And to tell everyone looking at one just what Dan Cooper did.

Did you read the post with the letter in it? I do plan on finding out whether or not Dan is still connected in any way.

Yes and you will find that he is either still part owner or that he may be owner by proxy. Make sure you look into that as well---non publically held entities can be pretty slippery my good man. I have been involved in these types of thing in the past and in fact made a post about it.

Just manage your expectations on what you are going to find out---may not be what you want.

And why would they tell YOU the truth; so that you can post it on the internet? I'm guessing that you're a lot smarter than that.

This is a hijack of the original thread. This subject has been discussed on a few other threads at great legnth and I really don't want to discuss it here anymore unless the starter of the thread is interested in the topic.

Some folks are just not going to believe that it was one man who did this and that he may be completely gone from the company even if it is the truth. I admit I don't know for sure exactley what Cooper's holding and interests in the company are right now, but I intend to at least try and find out and not punish the rest of the company for his indiscretion.

'nuff said on this topic in this thread. If you want to debate it more then start another thread. I've said my piece.

Last edited:
MonatanaRifleman, anytime I see a post on here talking about a Cooper firearm, I WILL MAKE SURE THE POST CONTAINS THE INFORMATION ABOUT DAN COOPER SUPPORTING OBAMA!

You're right... the question is, does Cooper Arms support such a candidate?

As long as Dan Cooper owns 51% of the stock no one or Board of directors can make him step down or lease controll of the company at 51% he can fired the othe stock holders but not the other way around.

MontanaRifleman, you apear rather naive about this issue

MonatanaRifleman, anytime I see a post on here talking about a Cooper firearm, I WILL MAKE SURE THE POST CONTAINS THE INFORMATION ABOUT DAN COOPER SUPPORTING OBAMA!

thumb.gif

Thanks JWP, I am sick of these people, who own guns, supporting candidates who want to take are guns away! Anyhow, lets keep these posts going so everyone sees what Dan Cooper did. Your right too, as long as he owns 51% of the company, he will continue to make money.

I am in sort of a bittersweet situation with cooper right now. I bought a phoenix 25-06 this past summer and didn't get a chance to shoot it until after I heard about the owner's support for obama. I would have never even considered buying one had I known that...having said that the gun shot .5" groups at 200 yards over a 1.5 grain increment the other day. I wouldn't buy another one but this one sure does shoot.

Last edited:
This has been big local news lately, cover story the other day. One interesting fact I picked up on were that there are 80 million gun owners and only 4 million NRA members in the US.

I for one feel somewhat marginalized by being lumped in with those 4 million when I in fact am in the 80 million. From what I can see, Obama isn't going to take away our rights to own firearms and it doesn't seem like the sky is falling. We will see what happens but I don't think it will be as bad as some would have us believe. We weathered Clinton and all probably owned guns right on through that period.

In the meantime I would be happy to give you a fair price for those unwanted Cooper Arms rifles as I would like to have a fine locally made weapon that I probably couldn't otherwise afford but since you say the resale value is so low.... PM me what you got.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.