Cooper rifles

fdennis

I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy a Cooper rifle (in 6.5/284.) I have read their advertisement about .5 min accuracy. I know that sounds pretty good for hunting rifles, but I'm interested in doing better. Have any of you Cooper owners been able to duplicate that? Improve on that? Will Cooper give an owner its load data? If that accuracy guarantee applies to all rifles in all calibers, is it likely that a rifle with the .5 min guarantee actually shoots better in some calibers, than in other calibers? Do the Varmint rifles shoot better than the classic hunting rifles? I have a gazillion questions about Cooper rifles. This is just a start!

I think you're wise to be wary of guarantees.
With any gun the wrong ammo will take it pretty far from potential, and there is no load data, much less best load 'desired' with a Cooper. This, as from most any gun maker.

That said, I have a Cooper M21 that very easily shoots 1/2moa with my ammo, and with some factory ammo(not just any).
I don't believe I've seen on a forum yet where someone ran into a problem with Cooper performance. And the only way I can resolve THAT, is to notion that Cooper buyers must be smart enough to realize they are not custom benchrest guns, but **** good hunting guns.

Yeah, I like to think that Cooper buyers are smart!

Coopers are about as close to custom as you can get for the $$$

There are guys on Saubier.com who own upwards of 10+ coopers and love everyone. This is a small caliber site but they rant and rave about coopers CS when something is not right it gets fixed.

All the Coopers I have shot have been top notch with accuracy and fit and finish.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.