Converting a 300wm to 300nm

70F260A1-EF53-4B11-870E-CEBE543EC6AD.jpeg
So my action is already center fed detachable mag, and if I did switch the winny to a different caliber, I'm definitely going to re-barrel. I wanted something that would give me significant improvement over the 300win. That's why I was thinking a Norma mag. Maybe a 30-28 Nosler would do it though, I don't believe I'd have to change bolts then.
I really wanted to run lapua brass though, another plus for the Norma mag.
Decisions decisions...

A 30-28 Nosler is almost exactly the same capacity as a 300 Norma (within about a grain difference). I'm pretty sure you will see someone make high end Nosler brass soon. Petersons is making WSM this year and ADG is making SAUM plus they already make RUM stuff. It's not terribly different to do Nosler cases. They may just have to name it different to get around Nosler. Petersons does that with Cheytac stuff.

If I was going to do a Norma I'd do a improved. All the hp of a RUM without the mag length issues.

I'am thinking about re-barreling my .300wm to a .300 norma mag.
Other than the re-barrel and opened bolt face what else would I need to do to make this work?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts