Consumer grade torque wrench

Rick_W

Can I get a recommendation for a quality, reliable torque wrench for use in mounting scopes and action screws?

Consumer grade - not Harbor Freight.

Thank you.

Can I get a recommendation for a quality, reliable torque wrench for use in mounting scopes and action screws?

Consumer grade - not Harbor Freight.

Thank you.

My recommendation is a CDI torque screwdriver.

Fix It Sticks, I've found them to be the most consistent for inch pounds. Small and lightweight, my set is always in my pack. Variety of increments are available. Only con is they are pricey, the kits are cheaper, if they have all you need.

Thank you all for your recommendations.

I do like the appearance of the Fix It Sticks products - but they are pricey and I question the amount of use I will get out of them.

The CDI torque screwdriver also looks like a high quality product - again, it should be for the price IMHO.

I'm going to drive over to Bass Pro Shops to see if they have the Wheeler FAT Wrench.

It doesn't look as high quality as the other two but it seems to be pretty highly rated.

I picked up the Wheeler FAT Wrench.

It feels much more substantial than it looks.

There was a small issue - it doesn't come with T-25 Torx bit. It's really ok as I have a nice selection of hardened Torx bits.

Mounted a scope on one rifle earlier and will mount another this evening or tomorrow.

If TS Barry will allow, I'll start sighting in after work tomorrow or Sunday.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.