Compressed powder charge with 200gr. Accubond?

Duff

I have started to work up a load with R-22 and the 200gr. Accubond. At 71 grs. of powder I get a compressed load. (I am seating to fit my magizine) Is this a problem you all have run into? The other powder I was going to try was H1000 and I have no idea how I'd get enough powder into the case?
shocked.gif
Those of you using H1000 or R-22, do you have a compressed load or do you seat your bullets closer to the lands? (thus giving more powder capacity? I know a little bit of a compressed load doesn't hurt, but I don't think I could get up to 73 grains of anything less then ball powder?

MANY people have liked using H4831SC with the 200 gr accubonds in the 300WM. That bullet is so long I would think H1000 would be more compressed than I would care for. Even though the accubonds were not extremely consistant in accuracy, they were still accurate using H4831SC. RL22 was worthless in MY rifle with the accubonds.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.