200gr. Accubond result.

Scout118

Happy to say this bullet did what it was intended, with a great result.
In the early morning of the second day Elk season. 680yards, no winds, running broadside with lots of time for dope. The bullet entered on right side hitting a rib 1" hole, through both lungs and exited left side through a rib leaving a 2.5-3" hole. The result, a very nice 5+5 laying within 50yrds.
Thanks everyone with the load data for 300 RUM.
Scout.

Hi Keith;
I don't have access to a crony, so I'm unsure the speed. But I'm using 94gr. of Retumbo out 26" barrel, from what I've read off this sight I'd guess 3100fps.
94gr. produced a very nice group.

Kirby, I didn't bring the family digital camera hunting, but my father did take a couple picture with an old 35mm, when the film is developed I'll need assistance posting the photo. I'll add a photo of last season white tail.

Mr. Willy, I hope the gun is pushing the 3200fps, but I never want to say to high. I did calculated my dope chart to 3200fps.

@ 92 grains of retumbo and a 200 grain accu bond I'm pushing 3200 fps....when I increased over 92 grains the speed started to fall off. I'd imagine your close to the 3200 fps mark! I too use the 26" tube.

Great shooting!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.