Colorado Mulies

cozysBB

2nd season or Oct. 20-28 i'll be testing my luck. pouring over maps now of my unit and i'm just wondering what elevations you can usually find them at that time of year? obviously it depends on snow fall but just as a general question what elevations have you all been finding them at? i'd like to familiarize myself with an area this summer but as elk season rolls around i really wont be doing any scouting as i won't be around the few weeks before season for work too. likely my last trip to the area will be in august. If you're curious I am hunting the 50,501 and 500 2nd season rifle.

I'm hunting the same season in unit 74. I spoke with the biologist for my unit and he said under normal conditions the deer will be in what he called the transitional range which is between 8000' and 10000'. If its unusually warm they might be higher in the summer range above the tree line, and if they get early snow and frost they might be lower. The people I have talked to say the big boys tend to be the last ones down the mountain.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.