Colorado Leftover Tags

Anschutz

Can someone explain the Colorado Leftover Tag process to me? I'm a guy from GA and the deer seasons are easy to figure out. 10 does and 2 bucks with a northern zone and southern zone. I see leftover elk tags with dates out to Jan 31st and that doesn't match the hunt planner I was looking at. Google has been little help unless I'm just overlooking something. Thanks.

I think I found it using other search terms. By my understanding, the leftover tags are for those who applied and did not draw a tag and then there are also OTC tags for Plains elk and deer. The brochure is a little hard to read on a computer screen but I think I get it now. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Leftovers are exactly what they sound like, leftover from the regular draw. If there was 100 tags and only 50 people applied then the other 50 go into the leftover pool. It's usually a lot of private land only tags and not very desirable tags. But you might be able to get a cow tag or a 1st or 4th season tag. Worth looking at the list.

This last year they put tags that were turned in into the leftover list.

There are OTC bull tags for much of the state for archery and 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons. Deer tags are all draw.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts