Coyote Hunting...Colorado

kneisel256

I live in Colorado Springs, just moved here form Washington state. Looking for some good public land to do some coyote hunting.

Go west young man.........I live in the san luis valley and there are coyotes a plenty here. I have killed literaly upwards of a thousand coyotes just over wilkerson pas on hwy 24 in Southpark. between kenosha pass and trout creek pass on hwy 285. plenty public land there to. leave your call at home and dont even bother...they are genetically call shy and will run the other way if you blow it!!!!!!good luck! AJ

Well thanks for the tips brother, me and another guy are going to head out there Friday all day if you would want to go up there with us. I suppose we should stay in wide open areas when I head up there?

I'm also in the SLV. I catch them within 400 yards of the highway most times. They like roadkill. Plan on shooting for distance since there isn't much to hide behind most places. Enjoy.

Please let us know of your how your hunt went. I'm in the Springs as well. Haven't tried my hand at the coyotes yet but I do enjoy a good pdog shoot when I can get out.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.