Colorado draw results are posting

I got the good news email a couple of hours ago for a desert sheep in Colorado, and I think I may have drawn the only NR desert tag. Oddly enough, my son drew a Cali tag last year in Oregon so we are on a crazy run of luck. Unit S62 is my hunt.

Oh my gosh that is so awesome.
You pulled the only desert sheep tag offered to nr.
We definitely need a full report from here to slay day.

Congratulations! That is awesome!
It hasn't sunk in yet at all. Read the email during work meetings and haven't had time to relax and gather my thoughts. I had just read my son's rejection email from CPW below….

IMG_3508.jpeg

And I was quickly scanning the one I got an hour later. With a quick glance, instead of what I was expecting to see, which would be the same email my son got, I saw the below

IMG_3509.jpeg

And I had to pause and look deeper. It looked legit but I wasn't going to let myself get excited until I knew for sure. Then I saw they charged my CC for about $2700 and I figured it was right, but called CPW to confirm.

The whole experience is surreal - I experienced it last year when my 14 year old drew a John Day tag, and it is the same feeling as I had today. It will hit me sometime soon, but I'm also just dumbfounded at the luck. Last year my son and I went on a hunt and I got to see him shoot his sheep, and now this year it will be my turn and he will come on the hunt with me. I just can't believe it.

Last edited:
It hasn't sunk in yet at all. Read the email during work meetings and haven't had time to relax and gather my thoughts. I had just read my son's rejection email from CPW below….

View attachment 564466

And I was quickly scanning the one I got an hour later and instead of what I was expecting to see, which would be the same email my son got, and saw the below

View attachment 564467

And I had to pause and look deeper. It looked legit but I wasn't going to let myself get excited until I knew for sure. Then I saw they charged my CC for about $2700 and I figured it was right, but called CPW to confirm.

The whole experience is surreal - I experienced it last year when my 14 year old drew a John Day tag, and it is the same feeling as I had today. It will hit me sometime soon, but I'm also just dumbfounded at the luck. Last year my son and I went on a guided trip and I got to see him shoot his sheep, and now this year it will be my turn and he will come on the hunt with me. I just can't believe it.
I remember the feeling when I drew my Rocky Mountain Bighorn tag a few years ago. A friend texted and said no sheep tag and asked how I did. I had no email. I went to CPW's site and my points went to zero but no indication at that time on the account page. I assumed I was waiting on my +1 point, and glad I was wrong. About an hour later the email hit!

Enjoy the experience! We hope to see a story later this year!

Congrats on the tag. My buddy drew the only nonresident archery bighorn tag in CO last year. He's unbelievably lucky. He just keeps drawing tags he shouldn't and I can't seem to draw anything.

I'm not a person who gets down too often but I really feel like a loser after every application season.