Colorado 2nd rifle season hunter orange?

HRstretch

I know as a shooter I need 500" of orange and an orange hat that is visible from 360*. Does a spotter, non hunter by law need to have the same thing. I think they should at least have some orange but not sure it is required if not the shooter?

Do you require your non hunter with you to orange up?

As posted, only the hunter needs to wear the required amount of orange, but what was not mentioned, is that the spotter has to wear a pink wrestling singlet! New rule just came out this year.

Tony.

As posted, only the hunter needs to wear the required amount of orange, but what was not mentioned, is that the spotter has to wear a pink wrestling singlet! New rule just came out this year.

Tony.

Thanks for the info. I know my BIL that is going with me would not want to run afoul of the law. Ingnorance of the law is no excuse. Of course he will have to glass in the next drainage away from me, just to cover more area you see.

Thanks for the info. I know my BIL that is going with me would not want to run afoul of the law. Ingnorance of the law is no excuse. Of course he will have to glass in the next drainage away from me, just to cover more area you see.

Ya know, when in an area where hunters 'expect' to see orange on humans, it might be a good idea for him to wear it as a courtesy to other hunters in the area. There is no orange requirement in Oregon and people get mistaken for bears more often than you would think.

Ya know, when in an area where hunters 'expect' to see orange on humans, it might be a good idea for him to wear it as a courtesy to other hunters in the area. There is no orange requirement in Oregon and people get mistaken for bears more often than you would think.

That's mainly because people from Oregon aren't aware razors have been invented...or deodorant...:D:D:D

If he going to be glassing away from you I would make sure he has required orange on. Reason for that is another hunter may see him glassing thinking he may of set his rifle down and it is game violation and someone my turn him in. You guys may get turned in anyway then you have to convince DOW he just glassing..

If he going to be glassing away from you I would make sure he has required orange on. Reason for that is another hunter may see him glassing thinking he may of set his rifle down and it is game violation and someone my turn him in. You guys may get turned in anyway then you have to convince DOW he just glassing..

I was being facetious about him being some where else do to the suggested clothing attire. I will likely have him wear orange to be an the safe side.

Thanks for the info. I know my BIL that is going with me would not want to run afoul of the law. Ingnorance of the law is no excuse.

Just came out this year; ignorance aside- if you break the law and just don't give a **** then you are excused, at least by the FBI. It's call the Clinton law, after both Bill and Hillary.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a black lives matter riot to attend.

Gotta love it!

All kidding aside, good luck on your hunt.

Just came out this year; ignorance aside- if you break the law and just don't give a **** then you are excused, at least by the FBI. It's call the Clinton law, after both Bill and Hillary.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a black lives matter riot to attend.

Gotta love it!

All kidding aside, good luck on your hunt.

So if I get really drunk, and drive my car on the Interstate, and run over a couple hundred protestors, I am good because I didn't mean to do it??
Now where is my Jack Daniels and car keys?? lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.