cold blueing

walterdouglas

after all. is there anyone out there that has experience in cold blueing gun parts and barrels? i am wanting to get your alls take on the best blueing company and product to go with. not wanting to do anytype of cheap blueing job on my guns so i can to you guys. thanks alot for the info in advance

Hot bluing is not very expensive to have done. Cold bluing is for touchups only IMHO.

I left a wet H&R rifle in a gun case for a week, and found light rust on the barrel. I bought a product called "Wonder Blue". Tried cold bluing products before, but was never satisfied with any of them. This one is different. I wiped the rust scaling off with 0000 steel wool, then followed the directions. You heat the barrel lightly with a propane torch and then apply this stuff by swabbing it over the barrel. It actually took me 15 applications over several days, but the entire barrel now looks very good. You could not tell it from new, and it does not come off.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.