Closesest to 338 Lapua Mag but at least twoce as cheap

My two cents, for whatever they're worth to you (two cents ain't even worth two cents anymore, INFLATION!!! 🤣)

If you're willing to invest the kind of money that big boomers like this, both the rifles and the ammunition, cost along with the optics that make them realize their potential….

INVEST IN BECOMING A HANDLOADER FIRST!!!!! It's so satisfying, rewarding, you will learn so much about the hobby you love, you will NOT save money but you will find a degree of personal satisfaction and joy of discovery that you will never know shooting expensive factory ammo IN ANY CARTRIDGE!

Less expensive
IMG_7414.jpeg
IMG_7413.jpeg

The 338Lapua, the 338RUM and the 340WBY are all ballistically equal. Rifles chambered in 338 Lapua normally require a larger (fatter) receiver and typically cost more.

I shoot a 33RUM that launches a 250gr Accubond or Berger Elite Hunter at 3,000FPS. My guess would be that the RUM ammo is easier to find and less expensive than either of the other two.

. Factory 225 eldm ammo will kill anything in NA, best course of action is to learn how to shoot really well. Big bullets equal big recoil, the 338 lapua is nasty in a hunting weight rifle. I just added 7 pounds to mine to try and mitigate some of the recoil.

Last edited:
Setting aside the fact that stopping power doesn't exist...

Why are we shooting at animals at 1000 yards when you don't already know all the answers to these questions? There aren't a lot of people capable of hitting an animal in the vitals that far with any rifle, let alone a 338LM, and the post doesn't lead me to believe you're one of them yet.

Last edited:
Setting aside the fact that stopping power doesn't exist...

Why are we shooting at animals at 1000 yards when you don't already know all the answers to these questions? There's very very few people capable of an ethical shot that far with any rifle and the post doesn't lead me to believe you're one of them yet.
Rule #1