Closesest to 338 Lapua Mag but at least twoce as cheap

INVEST IN BECOMING A HANDLOADER FIRST!!!!! It's so satisfying, rewarding, you will learn so much about the hobby you love, you will NOT save money but you will find a degree of personal satisfaction and joy of discovery that you will never know shooting expensive factory ammo IN ANY CARTRIDGE!
This.
To become proficient past 600, you need to shoot a lot, or have a talented coach. Usually both.
You want to shoot long range, it's costly. Get used to it or hand load.
I was shooting and reloading for 338 LM a decade ago. Back then, a reloaded round cost me ~$1.25 vs. $5 for loaded rounds.
I now shoot a 338 Edge (the ballistic twin to the 338 LM), and at prices I paid this year, the rounds cost me ~$1.50 to launch a 300 Berger OTM at 2850 MV. I do not include cost for the brass, but if I figure that in counting six reloadings, I'm paying ~$1.75 per round.
That is the nature of target shooting and training. Each time I go to the range, across all the guns I will shoot, I will expend between $80 - $120 (just me) and $200 or more (bringing guests) in ammo.
The other thing about having a big boomer, you need a place to exercise it. Shooting one at targets out to 300 is a waste. Considering you're shooting a bullet that will be supersonic past 1500 yards, it helps to see how environment affects your bullet.
Shooting steel at 800 becomes boring. Fire, see the plat swing, hear the ping ~2-1/2 seconds later. Over and over.
Try that at 1,000 or 1,200 with a heavy cross wind, and it becomes exponentially harder.

This.
To become proficient past 600, you need to shoot a lot, or have a talented coach. Usually both.
You want to shoot long range, it's costly. Get used to it or hand load.
I was shooting and reloading for 338 LM a decade ago. Back then, a reloaded round cost me ~$1.25 vs. $5 for loaded rounds.
I now shoot a 338 Edge (the ballistic twin to the 338 LM), and at prices I paid this year, the rounds cost me ~$1.50 to launch a 300 Berger OTM at 2850 MV. I do not include cost for the brass, but if I figure that in counting six reloadings, I'm paying ~$1.75 per round.
That is the nature of target shooting and training. Each time I go to the range, across all the guns I will shoot, I will expend between $80 - $120 (just me) and $200 or more (bringing guests) in ammo.
The other thing about having a big boomer, you need a place to exercise it. Shooting one at targets out to 300 is a waste. Considering you're shooting a bullet that will be supersonic past 1500 yards, it helps to see how environment affects your bullet.
Shooting steel at 800 becomes boring. Fire, see the plat swing, hear the ping ~2-1/2 seconds later. Over and over.
Try that at 1,000 or 1,200 with a heavy cross wind, and it becomes exponentially harder.
I do the same thing and gain tons of experience reading Enviromental's and locking in technique. I use an accurate 22LR .5" or less 5 shot groups at 50yds and a .5" .223 at 100yds. Shoot 22 out to 150-200, and .223 4-500. Read the elements, focus on technique, and interpret the impact on target from the inputs. Bust out the gas hog before leaving, and finish up with a fraction of the shots at long distance doing the same thing.