Clearidge scopes- Any good?

Topshot

Been looking at the Clearidge range of scopes. Mainly the Ultrs XP5 range.

Anyone got any info on these scopes? Where they made? Build quality, reliability, accuracy of turrets etc........... Thanks

We have had some great feedback on the Clearidge scopes. They are manufactured with top quality components that will compete with many other top manufacturers products.

Thanks for the advice,
winmagman, I checked out your links, they seem to work OK, good to see you are still happy with your clearidge scope after a period of time.

I was looking at the Ultra XP5 2.5-12.5x42, German #4 reticle, Matte finish scope, for an all round hunting scope that could be used for both short range and the occassional long shot.
What do you think of this idea for the use of this particular scope?

Top,

My own personal preference is to have more magnification if I want/need it, therefore I'd go with the 4.5x22.5x50. It does weigh 3 more oz. but that's hardly noticable to me. You will however give up some internal adjustment, 48 moa for the 4.5x22.5 vs 90 moa for the 2.5x12.5. But since I mount most of my scopes in Burris Sig Rings I can work around that as well.

That's my opinion.......on the other hand, you did say an all around hunting scope with an occasional long range shot. For that, this scope should fit the bill perfectly. The glass in the Ultras will allow you to make any shot within legal hunting hours with no problem, and 12.5 power should be enough magnification for occasional long range work. I just like alittle more:rolleyes:

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.