Any GOOD FFP scopes?

dandc

Looking for a 15-20x FFP riflescope with a usable ballistic reticle; something I can actually see at low power yet still relatively thin at max power. Any recommendations? The new vortex hs lr will do just what I am looking for but I have durability/reliability concerns with vortex surviving mountain hunting and the airlines.. Looking for the $2500 and under category. The nightforce F1 has mixed reviews... My old S&B had too heavy a reticle as did my older PH swaros, and I am not interested in anything made my leupold.

FFP scope reticules do not change thicknesses compared to the target at the different power ranges. The reticule at 6x on my 6-24x PST FFP MOA scope is very thin, but the illumination can be turned on which makes it VERY visible. When you increase the power the reticule gives you the allusion of getting thicker, but actually enlarges the same amount as the target you are looking at.

IMHO the Vortex Razor for around $2000.00 would be a good choice if price is no object.

For me (price is important to me) the 6-24x50mm PST is a very good scope which has functioned flawlessly even after being in a Toyota Corolla that was totaled by a truck towing a 33' 5th wheel travel trailer. The crash completely destroyed the heavy gun case it was in. It is still adjusted the same as before the accident and functions perfectly and still sighted in.

I am shooting a mark 4,mil/TMR reticle.Ilove the set up and it is 22 oz.I mountain and horse hunt, sits on a 7.2 oz.338 Norma and has been working well,I made it a zero stop.The reticle has a small gap at center, a 1 1/2 '' sticky dot just fits @ 400 when siting.I would get another one I am so happy with this one.

Thanks for the opinions,does anyone have any experience with the nightforce velocity reticles, particularly on the F1?

Yep thats true. Looking for a scope in the 15-20x max range so the F1 fits the criteria.

Does anyone have any experience with a S&B 4-16x50 classic with the A8 varmint reticle?

The velocity reticle works great. Don't know if you have used their ballistic calculator yet, but make sure get on there and plug in your ballistic information to find the reticle that best matched the ammo you plan to shoot. I believe the only reticle offered in the F1 will be the lv.5 so hopefully that's what your best match will be.

Here is the link: http://www.nightforcereticlecalculator.com/Product.aspx

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.