Vortex Scopes? Any Good?

let put you in my shoes,you've never been to the plant in china,or japan (if thats where some are made), you were on the shooting staff and communicated with several employees of the company,they all tell you the same thing,you feel compelled to let like minded shooters on this forum know what you have perceived as valuble info for consumers that you feel are misled,what would you do??? you guys have made it clear as water that you don't like the info i have presented,i understand.what i don't get is why you guys feel compelled to make me the bad guy for trying to do something i felt was good.

I don't think your intentions were negative, nor do I think you should be hung out to dry. I also think this would have gone a lot differently if you had presented the info as "this may or may not be correct, but it's what I was told by several Vortex employees", rather than "this is pure, 100% unadulterated fact"...

In addition to what sidecarflip just said, it is also important to realize that in today's global economy, country of origin doesn't have the same meaning that it did even 10 years ago. There are many factories in China that have the capability to produce products of very high quality. Product specifications, as well as quality control standards, are dictated by the customer and their target budget.

It's more about what Vortex is willing to pay, than it is about where the factory is located.

This is the way I see it from a manufacturers standpoint (I'm a manufacturer btw.....)

Vortex manufactures nothing.
Vortex imports the products they offer for sale.
Vortex maintains a domestic R&D group to tune development and dictate changes/improvements to the line which is made offshore.
Vortex is aware of quality differences concerning country of manufacture, consequently, they balance profit against build quality to obtain a reasonably priced product with a reasonable profit margin.

The last statement is why anyone is in business. The only 'non-profit' ventures are churches and establishments of higher education...supposedly.

While I don't necessarily agree with the premise of offshore manufacturing of any hard goods for a lot of reasons that don't need to be aired here, bottom line is that most optical and electronics based hard goods are manufactured offshore and the ones made here, are manufactured from imported parts. Thats how it works.

I suspect that if you turn over the lap-top you are posting on or look at the label on your desktop, you'll find that it wasn't made in USA, but rather some Pacific Rim country and with great probability, China.....

Optics (as well as many other discretionary purchases) is/are based on what the buyer perceives as a quality item, no matter where it's manufactured at.

Country of origin has little to do with that perceived quality. What the purchaser is comfortable with and what the purchaser feels is a good price versus performance is the important factor.

Agreed 100%

let put you in my shoes,you've never been to the plant in china,or japan (if thats where some are made), you were on the shooting staff and communicated with several employees of the company,they all tell you the same thing,you feel compelled to let like minded shooters on this forum know what you have perceived as valuble info for consumers that you feel are misled,what would you do??? you guys have made it clear as water that you don't like the info i have presented,i understand.what i don't get is why you guys feel compelled to make me the bad guy for trying to do something i felt was good.

you and i have gone back and forth on a couple threads on here. it is not my intention to turn you into the bad guy, and i do see why you would think your giving proper info. my intentions in the couple threads are just to make sure the truth gets out there, and stays out there.

please dont take anything ive said in any of the threads personal. that said if you would like to share the names of the folks who misled you i would be more than happy to make certain they have accurate info to hand out to folks. i also understand if you want to keep their names to yourself aswell

Maybe I should change my screen name to: 427/66 Vette. I had a Milano Red convertible. off roads, aluminum knock off's 390 single 4 barrel, 4 speed... and I wrapped it around a utility pole.... oh well.

Was a fun car.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.