Chronograph Range Lighting Source?

I've got a 220 swift and a 264 Win mag that don't have a problem with over 4000 fps, don't want to spend money on a better chronograph if it can't read past what I can shoot.

Spending $600 to solve a $20-50 problem for my Pro Chrono and Pact chronographs is not where I want to spend my money.
I agree! What @David_h noted is a common fix, but there are a few more on YT, i.e., using USB LED strip lights taped on your existing diffuser. Below is one of the cheapest possible solutions for your issue. Good luck!

1701864811036.png

Will it show fps above 4000 fps?
Yes though I don't have anything to test it. It's velocity brackets seem to be 100 to 600fps, 600 to 1700fps and 1700 to 5000fps and you select the projectile and velocity option when you start a session.

Yes though I don't have anything to test it. It's velocity brackets seem to be 100 to 600fps, 600 to 1700fps and 1700 to 5000fps and you select the projectile and velocity option when you start a session.

I'm surprised to hear that. A common complaint about the LabRadar is that they don't read above 3,900fps. I sold mine so I don't have the manual anymore, but many guys must have one handy.

Thanks for the info. Spending $600 to solve a $20-50 problem for my Pro Chrono and Pact chronographs is not where I want to spend my money.
Upgrade your PACT. My PACT 1 XP had the option for IR screens. It came with an adaptor for the lights, I put spades to fit a 6V10Ah/20HR. All you need is a 6 volt charger for the battery. I put the battery on the ground and connect it and shoot. No lost velocities.
PXL-20231206-165934605.jpg
PXL-20231206-170116215.jpg

I'm surprised to hear that. A common complaint about the LabRadar is that they don't read above 3,900fps. I sold mine so I don't have the manual anymore, but many guys must have one handy.

That was for the Garmin, I have the Magneeto and the Labradar both of which I will be selling as I prefer the Garmin.

I agree! What @David_h noted is a common fix, but there are a few more on YT, i.e., using USB LED strip lights taped on your existing diffuser. Below is one of the cheapest possible solutions for your issue. Good luck!

View attachment 518265
I put two on the inside of each screen about 2" from each side. Took it to the range today, no sun, no clouds, got every reading. It appears my issue is resolved for $10. Thanks for all your suggestions.