Chrono'd my Chrono!

DoneNOut

On loan I have a Magneto Speed V3. I have a ProChrono. When it was cloudy, I saw a 3-5fps difference in speeds. When it was Sunny I saw 10fps differences and the ProChrono read some shots as duplicates that were not duplicates as measured by the Magneto.

Prochrono - Lighting conditions can taint the data. No straps.
Magneto - Daggum straps and spacers make it a bit of a pain to switch between rifles, but independent of light.
I did not notice an impact on groups with it hanging off the barrel. Didn't check POI.
I should probably get a LabRadar.

308 Win 30" 200.20x 39.5 N135 25 shots. (20 recorded. Will reserve for colder weather. I've found max pressure with this powder)
IMG_9189.jpeg

IMG_9190.jpeg

IMG_9188.jpeg

243AI 26" 115 VLDT N165 47.3gr 10 shots: I am super pumped about this group!
IMG_9203.jpeg

IMG_9204.jpeg

IMG_9202.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd say both the chronos are doing great. You can easily get that difference just using different lot's of the same factory loads. Weather, altitude, one grain too much, tighter or lighter neck tension, it just goes on and on. I"d be happy just knowing the old optical was doing as good as it was. There are too many variables to get perfection shot after shot IMHO.-WW

I'd say both the chronos are doing great. You can easily get that difference just using different lot's of the same factory loads. Weather, altitude, one grain too much, tighter or lighter neck tension, it just goes on and on. I"d be happy just knowing the old optical was doing as good as it was. There are too many variables to get perfection shot after shot IMHO.-WW
I agree. I was expecting worse, but pleasantly surprised my readings these last 20yrs have been accurate! (Ish)😆

Last edited: