Chrono Help

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Randy Dunn, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Randy Dunn

Randy Dunn Active Member

I am wanting to buy a chronograph, at this point it looks like an Ohler, Pact, or CED. I don't need bells and whistles, what I really want is something that is accurate and dependable. I see the Pact and CED have IR screens available, how low does the light have to be before the IR stuff is needed. Also, where is a good place to purchase a chronograph? I can not find a web site for Ohler. Thanks for any info.

2. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

Try this:
    http://www.oehler-research.com/

Oehler quit making the model 35,so all that is available from them is the expensive 43.If you do an exhaustive search now for a model 35,I doubt if youll find a new one.Since their announcement to dicontinue the 35,the 35's were bought up in a mad rush.

3. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I've got a brand new in the box Beta Chrony if you're interested. It was a gift and I already have an Oehler 35P.

It can be seen here....
    Beta Chrony

If interested drop me an email @ BchShooter@yahoo.com

4. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

I have the CED and have been very happy. The IR screens not only guarantee the thing to work everytime but will also add consistancy. If your shooting under them all the time, your velocities won't vary b/c of lighting conditions.

5. Randy Dunn

Randy Dunn Active Member

Thanks Everyone for the info. That's to bad about the 35P, I checked out the price on the 43...Damn!! I was wondering why Midway was selling alot of parts for the Ohler but did not list the chronograph. Decisions, decisions?? From the sounds of it most people are happy with the CED and the IR screens.

Varmint Hunter,
    Thanks for the offer on the Beta, I will keep that in mind.

Thanks again.