christian arms

I've owned two CA. A 300 RUM Custom and a 257 weatherby custom. They shot OK but not without problems. The 257 would keyhole Barnes bullets. CA told me to shoot Hornady round nose(really). Niether gun would hold a group. I took the 257 to a gunsmith and found out the bolt was only closing 3/4 of the way because of bad stock fit. I think CA leave a lot to be desired for the price of their guns. I got rid of both guns. If you really want a carbon fiber gun have one made. Use a Defiance- like action in the sheep hunter model and hook it up to a Proof Research barrel with a light stock. You will have a lot better gun. Just my opinion. TK

Both Melvin Forbes of NULA or Les Weberneck of Rifles INC. can build a lighter rifle that shoots better. Un less your going for a coolness factor and want to keep the barrel short I would think more about a CA. Their barrels insulate heat in and do have more flex due to less rigidity. There are 2 different types of carbon wrapping. CA does the type that insulates and Their competition does the heat dissipating type. The heat dissipating type will flex more but require less cool down time between shots.

Ill toss the name of Rich Reilly of htcustoms in Co. He builds very light and very accurate rifles. Light rifles can be very accurate. Mine shot .5 with minimal load work barnes bullets.

Thanks for your input. I went to their Web site, and was impressed. I will be talking to these folks first thing Monday morning. I bought that **** CA for an upcoming trip back to Africa, and after 3 months of trying every thing under the sun that I could think of, I finally threw in the towel.

BE AWARE OF THE MAN WITH MANY A GUN. BE WARY OF THE MAN THAT SHOOTS JUST ONE!!lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.