Christensen arms?

As you can see by all the similar threads listed below, this horse has been discussed many times before.

Aside from the boys at CA I have had my hands on more of there rifles then anyone. Now they have came a long ways from where they started and yes the custom will shoot 1/2 MOA. I was also standing right there with John the President of CA at the Dallas show when he had asked this question Do your blanks really expand when we turn that much off of them. 2 days later he came back and said John we turned the blank to your specs air gauged it and we found 0 expansion.

Last edited:
I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of christensen arms rifles. And if you do, please share.

First off I truly do not want to start any animosity here.
I believe that if one person asks an opinion, and another person with a known wealth of experience and knowledge does responds, we should not start cutting on said person. I personally enjoyed reading this thread and many other "dead horse" threads about the same subject. It seems to me, that there is more often than not, different or more information on each thread about the same subject. I value the actual knowledge of everyone here.
I feel in the previous posts it was stated that the information was fact (actual costs) or experience. There was nothing that I read which stated that someone is wrong about how they spent their money.
As a pee-on who has never built a rifle, but is in the process this is all valuable information.
If you **** off people with negative, nonsense banter, that contributes zero knowledge to the subject of the thread then do it in the humor section or on an outhouse wall.
Everyone here has different levels of experience and knowledge in the many areas of long range hunting. If people stop replying or posting on this forum that will really suck!

I have had several sports who show up with their hot rod rifle and want to show their guide that they can really shoot. Some are really knowledgable and most are not, but they own rifles that are very capable of long range whatever you want. Two men that come to mind owned carbon wrapped barrel rifles of the brand you ask about. One could kind of shoot, and the other could not hit a 12" x 12" gong at 400 yards, let alone 800yards. This individual shot a box of 300rum bullets in 15 minutes.
In the course of shooting these rifles, both owners claimed that their rifle did not get hot????? I did not question them, but I do know the heat is there. What is the deal on how long to let the barrel cool down?
I was not impressed with their rifle balistic performance, but both rifles sure were light to pack which was really nice. As a side note, both of these guys shot their elk at less then 100 yards with their long range rig
This is my experience with this rifle brand.

Rooster, This is not a CA, but similar and I heard good from owner , shooters, The composite is suppose to have advantages over CA and resin used. I have the opportunity to live few miles from Lonewolf, and there are many of these go threw his shop. Also a 20,000 sq.ft. shop is in progress that will be a sister manufacture of these. And I would venture to say many will sport Defiance actions, I could hit his back door with my bow. Google Advanced Barrel Systems, top and look at technical data. I know there are several on this forum.

KIRBY,

You came across that way to me..Having said that my point is everyone spends there money as they wish ...I do understand what you are saying but i have had zero problems with mine and i also know other people who own them.
Just for the record i have $2,400 in mine. I also paid $4,700 for a hart build,and$3,200 for a h-s precision and $4,200 for a mcmillian build and g-a precision is building me a 338 lapua as we speak ,,its due in oct.$4,400..

Until i joined this site i never heard of you..Iam sure you are everything you say you are and your products are top line,,, So i will offer you a apology if what i had to say was incorrect or offended you ..I guess ill just read all the post and try to gather some more knowledge.

One more thing to all the other people on this site and this subject ,,i was not trying to cause problems ,, i think there is ton of knowledge on here..and if it offended others sorry.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.