Choice of custom barrels

Caving in?

I have one. Shoots good. Solid 1/2 moa or better when I don't cave in. For me it wasn't so much the money, although the price was good, as it was that they offered a pre-fit with reasonable wait times. I don't have a lot of rounds down the pipe yet. What do you mean by caving in?

i'm wondering also, i have a criterion ar-10 barrel for a build i'm doing

As an aside, here is the main blurb from the Criterion home page:

Criterion Barrels, Inc.

Criterion was founded in response to demands of rifle builders and firearms manufacturers for quality button rifled match grade barrels at a reasonable cost. Initially a division of Krieger, Criterion is now completely independent with a separate facility, personnel, and ownership.

I have used most of the leading manufacturers barrels at some point in time. For the last few years I have used Bartleins for the vast majority of builds due to superb workmanship and excellent consistency from barrel to barrel and caliber to caliber. Yes I mean caliber as in bore/groove diameter of a barrel blank.

Usually I order the 5R rifling form but for the 6mm and .22 caliber barrels I have started using the standard 4-groove barrels with better results especially with the 6mmBR, 6mm BRX and the 6mm Dasher. Many of my .22 caliber wildcats are build on the 4-groove barrels. If you question this strategy, feel free to call Bartlein and ask to speak with Frank Green. Then make your own decision.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.